O...no canada- again!!

NoHoJoe

Rob, i was just gonna make that point.

It's the anthem, before a sports game. If i was there, i pay my respects, and then watch a game, if i am at home, i could care less if they were playing the anthem of Romania, it's a game on TV.

You Canadians have a major inferiority complex.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

You Canadians have a major inferiority complex.....

You're treading on sensitive ground there JQK.

I will not respond, but you should know that although we all dislike p.c.-ism, and although we all feel that conforming to social acceptability is often tiresome and irritating, those pillars exist in order to prevent emotions being hurt and relationships being scarred.

We may all have imperfections, making us all unworthy to judge others.

Remember these things next time you wish to address a sensitive issue. Remember that you may also be insulting the one who built and maintains your soapbox platform.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I can definatley understand Canadiens being mad. They should have shown it. That said, I don't think I would be very mad if they did not show the US anthem. Would I be mad? Yes. Would I get worked up about it? No. I have no idea how mad you guys are. And if you are worked up about it I also have no problem with it. I just don't think I would be.

speaking of Canada and 9/11and this is coming from an American,and im not trying to be offensive of anything like that but the week after 9/11 MLB teams had the flag logo on the side of the hats and the back of the jersey where the MLB logo was, now here's where i would kinda get upset if i was a Canadian there 2 MLB teams in Canada while i understand and respect them paying honor the those who lost their lives that,how come MLB wouldn't let the Expos and Blue Jays have a Canadian flag beside the American flag so i definetly understand where ya'll coming from

I can definatley understand Canadiens being mad. They should have shown it. That said, I don't think I would be very mad if they did not show the US anthem. Would I be mad? Yes. Would I get worked up about it? No. I have no idea how mad you guys are. And if you are worked up about it I also have no problem with it. I just don't think I would be.

speaking of Canada and 9/11and this is coming from an American,and im not trying to be offensive of anything like that but the week after 9/11 MLB teams had the flag logo on the side of the hats and the back of the jersey where the MLB logo was, now here's where i would kinda get upset if i was a Canadian there 2 MLB teams in Canada while i understand and respect them paying honor the those who lost their lives that,how come MLB wouldn't let the Expos and Blue Jays have a Canadian flag beside the American flag so i definetly understand where ya'll coming from

The NBA did it perfectly, letting the Raptors wear a Canadian and American Flag side by side on top of the ribbon.

Not only does it pay tribute to the Canadians and Americans lost in the attack, but it shows solidarity between the two nations.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The CFL played the U.S. Anthem before every game in 2002, at least the Argos did.

The Lions didn't do that.

Anyways, one thing I found odd at the All Star Game (and at the Skills Competition) was that it was in the States and they did the American anthem first and then O Canada after that.  I guess it was cause of the Columbia tragedy earlier in the day, since the anthem came after the moment of silence.  Just an observation of mine.

Oh well, in my opinion it does suck that ABC cut away from O Canada like that, and I feel it is somewhat disrespectful, but hey, like a previous poster said, it's valuable commercial time, and that's the world we live in, I've accepted it. :cool:

At least Paul Brandt did a better O Canada than whoever that schmuck was that sang the Star Spangled banner.

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Archived