Unused Los Angeles Clippers Logo

LogoHound

Wow, everything about that logo practically screams "mid-'90s design," doesn't it?

Of course, a few years later, a couple of tweaks, and... voila!

330.gif

That was the first thing I thought of. I was like "Prototype KC Wizards logo?"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently came across an unused logo guide for the Clippers. The guide said that it was copyrighted in 1993 by the NBA. Inside it was a new primary and secondary logo. Unfortunately it didn't have any uniforms with it. But since there has been quite a few topics about their logo here, I thought that they should be posted. It's kind of hard to tell but that grey color is a metalic silver like the Mavericks'. Sorry for the poor image quality, my scanner is real old and needs to be replaced.

Well here they are:

Primary

ClippersUnusedPrimaryLogo1993.gif

Secondary

ClippersUnusedSecondaryLogo1993.gif

That logo just reeks of that hack Tom O'Grady and his horible logos from the early 90's.

You know, maybe they should have gone to this. Then right about now they could have returned to their current look and everyone would love it.

Instead, everyone calls for a change. Personally, I like their current look except for two things -- the derivative logo and the white side panels on the blue jerseys.

Maybe had they gone through that transition -- and back, ala the Pistons -- they would have refined their current look to today's standards of a 'classic' look.

Ah, the mid-90s. When everyone was jumping on the godawful teal bandwagon.

I predict that in about 10 years we'll look back on this era of design and say "Ah, the early millenium. When everyone was jumping on the RED bandwagon"

Ah, the mid-90s. When everyone was jumping on the godawful teal bandwagon.

I predict that in about 10 years we'll look back on this era of design and say "Ah, the early millenium. When everyone was jumping on the RED bandwagon"

While baseball teams are wearing pillbox and pinwheel hats and yellow home and powder blue away pullovers, super-short basketball shorts, and strechy mesh football jerseys. I can't wait for the future.

They've needed a new logo for a while now, but this wasn't it. A Clipper is a boat, not a wave. Duh. It also seems a bit CBA.

True. But it would make sense that they'd want to emphasize something that was more "Los Angeles" than Clippers since the Clippers name was a hand-me-down from San Diego that makes no sense in LA.

• 6 months later...
I was waiting for this post....who takes it off their photo album link after a day? WTF!!!!!

To be fair, this thread was started last May.

I've got a scan of that logo sheet...I'll see what I can do.

Archived