Atlanta Thrashers Redesign

GFB

Rebranding the NHL

New York Islanders

Boston Bruins

Ottawa Senators

I'm back, once again. This time it is the Atlanta Thrashers turn to get rebranded. A relatively new team, the Thrashers have been in search of their identity. Right now, I feel like they are using too many colors and have too many different directions going to allow flow between the uniforms. So I dropped multiple colors from their current logo set, and narrowed it down to only four colors... (baby blue, navy, yellow-gold, and white)

I think their current logos are servicable, but are not living up to their potential. Their current crest uses 3D design on what should be a 2D backround. So after I did a few major overhauls on the primary logo, I went back to the "Thrasher T" logo on the old road uniforms. I took the same idea and revamped it, giving it an actual bird-like appearance. The wordmark is custom-built, flaunting the city over the nickname as a change-of-pace....

Atlanta Thrashers Logos

Atlanta_Thrashers_Logos.png

For the first time in this series I was challenged to make a modern looking uniform set. After trying about three different styles, I finally found the right one. For the alternate jersey, I reverted back to a more contemporary style, with the stripes mimicking the logo. Oh, there is no vertical lettering on any jersey, just to emphasize.... :P

Atlanta Thrashers Uniforms

Atlanta_Thrashers_Uniforms.png

A few clerical issues-

-I am still looking for someone who has the skills to put uniforms and teams into any of the NHL games are interested in turning a few of the concepts from this series into actual teams in the game, PM me. I would love to help out and see this happen.

- My next team will be the Anahiem Ducks, so let your ideas flow....

- I am going to take a little break, but I will restart it during the first week of July.

C&C please! Have a great day!

GFB

************* SPECIAL UPDATE *************

Unused Marks

Atlanta_Thrashers_Unused.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cripes, man, the logos are awesome. The secondary is flat-out brilliant. I didn't pick up on the "T" shape at first, but once I got it, it was that much more impressive. I don't mind the lack of red in the scheme. It's a lot cleaner with just the two blues and yellow (and white, obviously). The uniforms are pretty solid as well, especially the alt. However, on the home uniform, the white seems to be a bit much. I'm curious what'd happen if you switch the white and yellow. For the pants, I'd kind of like to see the "A" alt logo used rather than the primary, just to differentiate from the jersey crest. Overall, great stuff, as per norm.

The secondary mark should be looking at the underside of the bird instead of the topside. Show the head straight on and add some talons in there. That would take it over the top.

holy God man youve done it again. the only gripe i have about it is the logo on the alt, i'd rather see the A on it rather than the thrasher t. the darkness of the logo and the jersey makes it kinda hard to see, but thats really minor. great work once again. i cant wait to see what you come up with for the Caps.

as for the Ducks, i'd love to see something original. everyone uses the peddle D, i'd like to see green incorporated, along with the orange they use to represent orange county. black should be used minorly i think.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

You done it again lol . Your work is amazing as well as the rest of your concepts. I enjoy all of your NHL concepts as well as ones to come ( including the Leafs ). Anywas great work as always.

4kv29i.jpg

This is great as usual. The only thing that stands out is the thrasher's head in the secondary. It looks like the thrasher is looking straight up. If you do an overhead view, I don't think the eyes should be visible. Other than that this is great.

For the Ducks I think the logo should include an entire duck. For the colors, either black or dark green with orange. I'm really looking forward to the rest of your work.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think you should switch the secondary and primary logos. Otherwise great job as usual. Not much else to say really. Great job! These colors and logos really jive well together and are a positive experience for my eyes.

The secondary mark should be looking at the underside of the bird instead of the topside. Show the head straight on and add some talons in there. That would take it over the top.

Dude, today is your lucky day!

Atlanta_Thrashers_Unused.png

Actually, these were the logos that didn't make the final cut, a little bonus for you guys...

Thanks for the C&C!

GFB

these are amazing man. love the new logo. i'm on the fence on the secondary still, but i really like the tertiary one as well. only thing i'm thinking is that the sorta V design at the bottoms of the jerseys and the cuffs doesnt really fit. the rest of the design is curvey and flowing. i think either just a straight line at the bottom (like what PHI or SJ has now) or just a downward curved one

that is amazing! i really love the secondary mark but all of the logos look great. it reminds me of another team though, i just cant quite put my finger on it though.

This team?

BaltimoreRavens_1000.png

But it doesn't matter. You're a fantastic logo designer and you have great ideas for improving current logos. It's a good idea to get rid of that twister in the Thrashers logo, or whatever it is. Great choice of colors also.

For the Ducks:

Keep their current wordmark that intact but create a logo that would go with it. Maybe a duck head or a silhouette of an entire duck. And maybe replace black with a dark green.

Archived