Atlanta Thrashers Redesign

GFB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice all around on this one. I must say probably my fav concept of yours. If getting nit picky, the bottom of the jersey where it meets in the center might be too much of an edge for the rest of the jersey, good contrast, but everything else is very flowing and rounded....could rework something else there

• 2 weeks later...

I've been recently following your re-branding designs, and am very impressed with all the work so far.

Can't wait for the New Jersey designs you mentioned are forth-coming. I have yet to see a decent fan-based rendition.

Hopefully you'll do the Sharks soon as well!

As for New Jersey's look, I think that it's best if you leave out the green.. unless you can find a way to do it without it looking just a little too kitsch. You'd probably need another shade than the original one... Who knows. Can't wait to see them anyway. Kudos on all you've done so far.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Rebranding the NHL

New York Islanders

Boston Bruins

Ottawa Senators

I'm back, once again. This time it is the Atlanta Thrashers turn to get rebranded. A relatively new team, the Thrashers have been in search of their identity. Right now, I feel like they are using too many colors and have too many different directions going to allow flow between the uniforms. So I dropped multiple colors from their current logo set, and narrowed it down to only four colors... (baby blue, navy, yellow-gold, and white)

I think their current logos are servicable, but are not living up to their potential. Their current crest uses 3D design on what should be a 2D backround. So after I did a few major overhauls on the primary logo, I went back to the "Thrasher T" logo on the old road uniforms. I took the same idea and revamped it, giving it an actual bird-like appearance. The wordmark is custom-built, flaunting the city over the nickname as a change-of-pace....

Atlanta Thrashers Logos

Atlanta_Thrashers_Logos.png

For the first time in this series I was challenged to make a modern looking uniform set. After trying about three different styles, I finally found the right one. For the alternate jersey, I reverted back to a more contemporary style, with the stripes mimicking the logo. Oh, there is no vertical lettering on any jersey, just to emphasize.... :P

Atlanta Thrashers Uniforms

Atlanta_Thrashers_Uniforms.png

A few clerical issues-

-I am still looking for someone who has the skills to put uniforms and teams into any of the NHL games are interested in turning a few of the concepts from this series into actual teams in the game, PM me. I would love to help out and see this happen.

- My next team will be the Anahiem Ducks, so let your ideas flow....

- I am going to take a little break, but I will restart it during the first week of July.

C&C please! Have a great day!

GFB

************* SPECIAL UPDATE *************

Unused Marks

Atlanta_Thrashers_Unused.png

I would have put the "t" logo on the main two jerseys, which are great. The third jersey sucks, I like the effort, but it is too much like everyone elses in the league.l

spacer.png

I would have put the "t" logo on the main two jerseys, which are great. The third jersey sucks, I like the effort, but it is too much like everyone elses in the league.l

Nice constructive criticism of the 3rd. If you feel it "sucks", let's see what you can come up with.

As far as being "too much like everyone elses", what league have you been watching???

NEWS FLASH>>>>

NHL changes uniforms to RbK EDGE design, throws tradition out the window.

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

• 3 years later...

Great, a bump-bot.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived