another bird logo

leggman01

don't know why, but i've been stuck on birds lately...this one is clearly inspired by the emory eagles logo, which is one of my favorites (although the head doesn't clearly say eagle to me...it says bird of prey) - c&c welcome, as always

eagledb1.png

jldesigns404eo.png

whoa...serious thread hijack :)

i think our interpretations are very different...you've obviously taken a much more literal approach, while i've taken a more abstract approach - there is something about your beak that's bothering me...i think it's the blue line that runs vertically through it...maybe if you made that line a darker gold, it would work better...

jldesigns404eo.png

I think they're both great. Leggman01, I think if you "borrowed" the neck style of Gordie_D's bird you'd have a top notch concept. What I mean is you need to "pull and twist" down the neck feathers. The straight lines don't mesh with the curves of the rest of the head.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I agree about gordie's beak...that line, while probably anatomically correct, is bothering me. The eye looks great though.

I agree about gordie's beak...that line, while probably anatomically correct, is bothering me. The eye looks great though.

I think they're both great. Leggman01, I think if you "borrowed" the neck style of Gordie_D's bird you'd have a top notch concept. What I mean is you need to "pull and twist" down the neck feathers. The straight lines don't mesh with the curves of the rest of the head.

my original had a more "curved" neck line and i ditched it for a more linear style because i liked the contrast...i may go back and re-create the original (lesson 1...save each version as a different file, you might just like what you had previously :))

kewp80, as for the star/eye...it's probably going to stay - i did this with a patriotic theme in mind, and i think the star adds to that theme while at the same time balancing out the gold color a bit - there is no other logical place to add gold in the design

jldesigns404eo.png

I think that the eye needs some work. If you want to keep the star then try to find a better way to make it work. If you are able to do that then I think this could be a really strong logo.

Archived