first concept

heernumurr

ok, deep breath, this is my first concept! (exhale)

after seeing loads of concepts since i joined the forum a couple of days ago, i thought i'd have a crack at one myself. i decided on liverpool as they're a team i love and i thought it would be interesting to try and fit their identity with a different sport. i've tried to include both new and traditional ideas.

ive basicallly kept the liver bird logo, but given it a bit of a modern twist. as the bird is basically where liverpool imagery starts and finishes, the secondary logo is the torch seen at either side of the badge.

livlogo.gif

for the uniform i included the a gold/yellow which isn't really a liverpool colour, aside from on champion's league nights, but i think just red and white would have looked quite plain.

the alternate jersey is influenced by the 1984 european cup winning team, with five torches on the back for their five european cups. i went with this classic idea along the same lines as the maple leafs/sabres classic alternate jerseys.

livuni.gif

anyhooo, enough of my ramblings. just thought cuz its my first concept and not a redesign of an existing nhl franchise id give a bit of background.

so please give me as much C&C as you want as this is my first go and am still fumbling through!

Wow. The home and away on these are really, really nice. I love the simplicity yet modernness in the striping. The alt logo is excellently placed. Can't say I'm in love with the alternate. Just doesn't work for me. Its very clean and well done, but, its just lacking in my opinion.

Great job!

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Wow. The home and away on these are really, really nice. I love the simplicity yet modernness in the striping. The alt logo is excellently placed. Can't say I'm in love with the alternate. Just doesn't work for me. Its very clean and well done, but, its just lacking in my opinion.

Great job!

I actually like the alternate! It breaks all the norms of hockey design but in a good way. Simplicity of it makes it an effective design.

thanks for the response so far folks, way better than i expected! in reply:

- i did think the logo on the home got lost a bit, but thats the thing with liverpool, the bird is red and the shirt is red. i tried other colours but it always looked wrong; wrong like if the red wings turned up one night wearing green.

- the alternate is different and i was sure that people would either love it or hate it. its something that the nhl doesnt really do (no large logo on the front), but its both a different twist on a hockey jersey and a nod to the great liverpool team of the 80s.

keep the C&C coming, id love to hear from as many people as possible.

I'd almost rather see the club badge used as a sleeve patch, but I suppose this works, too. Great job overall on the concept, are you doing any more teams? I'd love to see what the Reds' rivals in the Merseyside Derby (Everton) would look like...

QPR%20Sig.png

I love the Liver Bird and flame logos, apart from the issue of clarity on the home jersey (red on red) its a great concept.

I was trying to come up with a EIHL Team identity for Liverpool but I couldn't get it off the ground. Looks like you've sussed it though!

BTW May I suggest the ACC as a home for the team?

http://www.accliverpool.co.uk/venueoverview/index.asp

This is pretty good. My only nitpicks would be:

? I'd rather see more black in the road and alternate uniforms. Not much more, mind you, but some. Black is used as a trim colour on the logo and on the home uni, especially the numbers, so I'd like to see it used a little more on the others, both for consistency and to help separate the red and yellow, which I've always felt can easily bleed into each other.

? The flame logo is very nice, but I'd rather see it shrunken down a little bit on the shoulders. It's almost drowning out the sleeve numbers.

? The alternate uniform looks incomplete without something on the front. That may just be because hockey sweaters traditionally have had something on the front, but I still think just the pinstripes is not enough. What you could do is something like some U.S. college teams ? put a vertically arched wordmark across the chest, then either a number or the flame logo underneath. That might look pretty sharp.

This concept sucks.

Go kill yourself.

:huh: Who peed in your corn flakes, dude? That was uncalled for.

I'd almost rather see the club badge used as a sleeve patch, but I suppose this works, too. Great job overall on the concept, are you doing any more teams? I'd love to see what the Reds' rivals in the Merseyside Derby (Everton) would look like...

yeah, i was thinking about trying out some other teams and everton would definately be on the list. any other one people might like to see?

BTW May I suggest the ACC as a home for the team?

http://www.accliverpool.co.uk/venueoverview/index.asp

That would be pretty cool, or we could just wait until they're done with Anfield then turn it into the mother of all hockey arenas!

? The alternate uniform looks incomplete without something on the front. That may just be because hockey sweaters traditionally have had something on the front, but I still think just the pinstripes is not enough. What you could do is something like some U.S. college teams ? put a vertically arched wordmark across the chest, then either a number or the flame logo underneath. That might look pretty sharp.

that has been most peoples major complaint, and i think i prefer your wordmark idea if i was going to put something on the front. only problem might be the pinstripes and the whole jersey getting too cluttered.

i'll have a go at an another alternate (or alternate alternate perhaps?) and see what the reaction is.

Archived