Memphis Redbirds Concept

Rod_Thompson

Very, very nice execution. I have one problem that popped out at me immediately after seeing it -- is the bird's eye supposed to have a pupil, or no? To me, it could look like a plain eye with no pupil, or it could look like the eye is looking behind the bird to his left, almost. Which were you going for?

This is pretty sweet. Though, the top half of the beak looks to be a lot bigger and kind of hanging over the sides of the bottom half. I know it's bit "higher" than the bottom, but I think they're supposed to be about the same width where they meet. Other than that, top notch job.

wow ... really nice work here. this probably the fiercest cardinal i've ever seen, and you pull it off without making it the least bit cartoony (ie. goofy gritting teeth on animals that don't even have teeth).

great job.

Fantastic work. When I first saw it I saw the pupil as looking backward. When Unwind made his comment, I saw it the other way. Personally I think that makes it even better. Both look menacing with one looking forward and the other looking backward.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Thanx. The bird, when I designed it, had no pupil. It is just the white of the eyes that was incorporated. I think that the jpeg is so choppy that it does look like an eye.

Redbirds_logo2.jpg

I changed the beak shadow to blue and added to the eye.

aZogIyu.pngfXsuJwP.png

Wow! That is so much better than the batter they have now, fantastic job! I also like the colors, similar to the Cards, yet not copying all the way. Again, fantastic job! Any plans on some uniforms to go along with?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

really nice...a couple of things i'd change...the eye still looks a little funky...it needs more definition and it seems as though the "pupil" triangle should be coming from the top rather than the bottom - i'm not feeling the patch of blue behind the eye...why is it there?...i feel like that should be red - i don't really like the large expanse of white space at the bottom and the way the logo "connects" to the wordmark...i think if you fixed that alone, it would improve this logo tremendously...again, really nice work, though

jldesigns404eo.png

and the way the logo "connects" to the wordmark...i think if you fixed that alone, it would improve this logo tremendously

I feel the same way. The chin of the bird just buries itself into the wordmark and gets murky. That can work ok if the chin detail was simple, but I don't think you are looking to do that. I think some separation or flipped and tucked in. I dunno. I would want to play with that.

Someone might knock it for having too much of a hawk beak. I like this approach to the Cardinal though. Definitely says something.

and the way the logo "connects" to the wordmark...i think if you fixed that alone, it would improve this logo tremendously

I feel the same way. The chin of the bird just buries itself into the wordmark and gets murky. That can work ok if the chin detail was simple, but I don't think you are looking to do that. I think some separation or flipped and tucked in. I dunno. I would want to play with that.

Someone might knock it for having too much of a hawk beak. I like this approach to the Cardinal though. Definitely says something.

the upsidedown pupil.

Redbirds_logo3.jpg

On the right side of the beak, bring the bottom corner to meet the top corner of the red/underbeak. The left side can be left alone for now. But this should help make it look better, I think. After bringing that point over, see if it looks alright or you may need to kind of round off that the right side.

Cuz right now, as it is, it almost looks like he's got kind of a Wilfred Brimley mustache going on with the top half of the beak. ^_^

The Home and Away jerseys are nice, but that alt blue has my brain running around in circles. I'm not sure whether to like it or to burn it. The blue is a nice colour, but the shoulder pad style red colours seem to be strangely out of place. And the light blue stripe on the end of the sleeves? Where did that come from?

Archived