Pittsburgh MLS Concept

Rampart

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Columbus is in need of a major rebranding. (get rid of the "Village People" logo and come up with something more befitting of Ohio's capital)

But anyway, this is a bit different:

Pittsburgh-2.gif

Its less templated, which is good, but it seems a bit... whats the word... Flamboyant? Something like that.

Perhaps go for a simple old school look? i.e. team usa

oBIgzrL.png

Columbus is in need of a major rebranding. (get rid of the "Village People" logo and come up with something more befitting of Ohio's capital)

But anyway, this is a bit different:

Pittsburgh-2.gif

Indeed the Crew need to overhaul their brand. I personally believe that Pittsburgh has more right to Black and Yellow than Columbus does and if the MLS said their would be only one B & Y team then I would have Pittsburgh be that team.

I would change Columbus' colours to the old Tampa Bay Buccaneers colours and add reflective silver and call them the Columbus Road Crew....an animated orange barrell could be their mascot.

I like the stripes, but the yellow collar is a bit much. Again, I think a small blue collar would be a nice touch.

Now, stripes, that I can get behind. A bit of a nod to the old-old-old Steelers look. I still think it could use a touch of the light blue in the detailing somewhere.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I would change Columbus' colours to the old Tampa Bay Buccaneers colours and add reflective silver and call them the Columbus Road Crew....an animated orange barrell could be their mascot.

To tell the truth, that would fit Pittsburgh much better. (If youve been here the past month youd know what I mean)

oBIgzrL.png

To tell the truth, that would fit Pittsburgh much better. (If youve been here the past month youd know what I mean)

I think all it needs is a white lining around the logo to distinguish it apart from the black and yellow stripes- other than that im very impressed

Love the crest...the kits remind me of the Crew. Otherwise, sweet job.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Orange Barrell season is still open?

Orange Barrell season is still open?

Oh yes.

oBIgzrL.png

The triangle on the crest seems a bit unnessicary to me, other than that this is the best one.

Yep. I was really on the fence about the triangle and I think you're right. I really wanted to put a golden triangle somewhere on the image, but I guess it's best not to clutter it up.

The triangle on the crest seems a bit unnessicary to me, other than that this is the best one.

Yep. I was really on the fence about the triangle and I think you're right. I really wanted to put a golden triangle somewhere on the image, but I guess it's best not to clutter it up.

Unless you redesign the shield and make that a triangle, like this.....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c...hletic_logo.gif

Instead of going with the vertical stripes, why not take a cue from your team's (and city's) crest. Inspired by the Croatian national soccer kit, why not bust out black/gold checkerboards? You can play it off as an homage to the city as well as the many Eastern Europeans who settled in the area (well, at least one small subsection of them... :P). No one else is rockin' the checkerboards. Make it happen.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I made some minor tweaks on the logo. It needed bigger balls.

PFC.jpg

WONDERFUL logo....but if I might nit pick a little bit, I will say that the tip of the end of the crest and the top part of the banner look awkward. I'd move either the banner down or the crest up a couple of nudges to align the two a little bit....and lose the triangle. After fixing that one thing you need to step away from the crest.

BTW, I think you're onto something with the stripes in the uniform. I'd reference the old classic Steeler Football jerseys from way back when. I think they had stripes too. I could be wrong.

Nice job though on everything!

Instead of going with the vertical stripes, why not take a cue from your team's (and city's) crest. Inspired by the Croatian national soccer kit, why not bust out black/gold checkerboards? You can play it off as an homage to the city as well as the many Eastern Europeans who settled in the area (well, at least one small subsection of them... :P). No one else is rockin' the checkerboards. Make it happen.

...or say its meant to repilcate the pgh police's hats?...

about the small subsection of eastern europeans... I dont know how Pittsburgh got somewhat of a polish reputatuon when there are almost more Italians, Irish & Germans here.

But yeah, you could go croatia style with checkers, or spare us and use one section like the police's hats... wither way would look pretty unique.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived