footballfiji

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sekuloguy said:
footballfiji said:

I think they all suck.

I agree.

I am very torn here. I am glad to see ISU go back to older with getting rid of the blue. But I don't like the execution. I don't like the Redskin-esque uniforms or the white helmets. Even though I did not like the blue, their football and hoops uniforms usually came out OK.

And am I wrong or did they change the shade of red to darker?

I'll go with the"I-State" helmet of the three. I hate wordmark/logo helmets (like Boise State and the previous ISU), so I am glad they dumped it, but they should have kept the helmet red.

EDIT: And if they insist on this helmet design, I think a red facemask would be much preferred to white. But nobody suggest a facemask change or it might end up grey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'd vote for the middle one in an instant if they either made the 'state' maroon and the 'I' yellow or if they got rid of the 'state' all together.

not maroon, CARDINAL.

and as an alum, these all blow.

The left is just bland. There will be no navy blue anywhere anymore? After all that work in the last decade to incorporate it, the football team is throwing it away. Nice.

The middle has potential but it feels as though it wasn't seen to the end. What happened to the "gold helmet" promise Gene?

The right is just a white version of the yellow lid from the forgettable era in which they sucked more than usual.

The intrastate rival of ISU, Iowa, has one of the best kits in all of college football. And they did it with black. Unfortunately, ISU chooses to sink into obscurity at every opportunity. ISU could be one of 4 relatively unknown state universities to a casual viewer just tuning in; Iowa State, Indiana State, Idaho State, Illinois State. Anybody that flips to an Hawkeye game doesn't even need to look at the score bug to know it's Iowa.

Might as well put the old Struttin' Chickin logo on there if they're going to suck this badly. Why not just go with a white helmet, cardinal facemask, cardinal center stripe with gold outer stripes, and an opposite arched version of the ISU mark that adorns the current helmet with the birdtornado. ta da.

Cyclone.jpg

On the link there is a place for feedback. They don't give you much space, but here's what I wrote:

"Honestly, the white helmets do NOT go with your uniforms. The designs are bland at best, and would look rediculous with white jersey and yellow pants."

If y'all think they blow, let them know.

They'll probably just think you are ridiculous.

Archived