Minnesota Twins Primary Logo Concept

patsox

MinnesotaTwinsPrimaryLogoConceptalp.png

This is loosely inspired by (I think it was BallWonk's) Twins concept. The colors are based on something I saw from someone on here anyway, and I believe they had to do with a proposed flag for Minnesota. Despite that fact, the reason i picked them has somewhat to do with the flag but additionally the fact that those colors are astetically pleasing in my opinion. I used the two swing silhouettes to represent twin baseball players. I think something like this was necessary because the Twins presently do not have any primary logos with "Twin Symbolism" at all. The silhouetted player is Harmon Killebrew. I used the home plate design because I believe the idea of having a baseball in the logo has become somewhat cliche. C&C would be appreciated, but only if you have something to say that will improve this concept.

What I like:

-- The direction

-- The fact that it's cleaner than what you were putting out before.

What I don't like:

-- They're supposed to be "Twins", but they're clearly different.

-- The fact that their ankles interlock - I know what you're going for here, but it looks very awkward.

-- The silhouettes are off center.

-- The shape of the plate. It looks too over-accommodating to the wordmark. Perhaps shrink it down a bit and it'll look less awkward?

It's not horrible, and it's actually pretty decently executed. Just needs a little tweaking.

philly.png

Patsox....I didnt expect when I opened this thread to see much that would impress me, but......this is good.

Bit rough round the edges, and I would find a way to lengthen the homeplate shape somehow, seems a little sqashed, but other than that I really like it. The colours work well together, its pretty neat & I like the 2 player 'Twins' logo.

Overall - a good job! :D

Quick edit: Cant make up my mind if the wordmark works or not.....??

sigen.jpg

Okay, finally you're starting to put some thought into your work. Good start.

I agree with much of what Brain said. Many of the tweaks you'll need to make are a result of poor execution. Make sure the silhouettes are *identical*, and make sure they're perfectly centered on the logo.

I would try to spice it up overall a bit as well. It's a solid start, but the two primary colors just sitting there by themselves look a bit drab. This is definitely better than what you'd been putting out before though. Keep working on this one and let's improve it.

This is loosely inspired by (I think it was BallWonk's) Twins concept. The colors are based on something I saw from someone on here anyway, and I believe they had to do with a proposed flag for Minnesota. Despite that fact, the reason i picked them has somewhat to do with the flag but additionally the fact that those colors are astetically pleasing in my opinion. I used the two swing silhouettes to represent twin baseball players. I think something like this was necessary because the Twins presently do not have any primary logos with "Twin Symbolism" at all. The silhouetted player is Harmon Killebrew. I used the home plate design because I believe the idea of having a baseball in the logo has become somewhat cliche. C&C would be appreciated, but only if you have something to say that will improve this concept.

Check your kerning. Something about "IN" in "MINNESOTA" is bugging me. And try messing with the space between "T" and "W".

When dealing with type, someone once told me to take my design and turn it upside down. That will give you a better visual for letter spacing.

Not too shabby.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Why is there some gray coming from under their leg? and the 2 batters aren't centered. Normally I wouldn't be picky, but god damn you had all this off time to try to make a flawless logo. The idea isn't bad, I'd actually like to see MINNESOTA widened to be compeltly under WIN.

This one time, at band camp...

I made a completely useless post.

Its got good direction, and it is cleaner than some of your previous concepts. Minnesota should be larger, and the twins themselves should be more similar. But this is definitely a solid idea.

Welcome back.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

-- The fact that their ankles interlock - I know what you're going for here, but it looks very awkward.

Maybe he should have used these guys:

kid-n-play.jpg

(I really hope someone gets this joke.)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Welcome back!

I like the idea of this--I did a concept for the Twins with blue and green a couple months ago. There's still some sloppiness here. For example:

-The letters in TWINS aren't vertically aligned correctly (for instance, the W is a couple pixels lower than the T and the I).

-Where the players cross the top of home plate, there's some minor stuff. There's a stray white pixel or two around the left leg of the left player. Next to the left leg of the right player, there's a notch taken out of the top of home plate. And the top of home plate on the right of the right player is 3-4 pixels higher than the rest of the top of the plate (I can't tell if the rest of it lines up or not).

-As mentioned before, the twins aren't. This really needs to be fixed.

-Also mentioned before, the gray underneath the legs.

-The bottom of home plate has a couple of stray white pixels as well.

These should be fixed and the concept will look better. Stylistic suggestions:

-Make the word MINNESOTA fit exactly under the WIN in TWINS

-Make home plate the correct dimensions

-Make the blue a little bit darker

-Possibly give the players and wordmark each a thin outline

Good direction, though. Good work so far.

I changed things around a bit and here is what I came up with:

MinnesotaTwinsPrimaryLogoConceptv1.png

C&C appreciated if you can say something helpful.

None of the letters are the same size.

Your W has all sorts of incongruent angles.

Your N & M letters have very awkward and ugly transitions from vertical to diagonal.

The silhouettes do not evoke speed, power, or athletic ability. They evoke a poorly done logo for an American Legion League or Beer League softball. Does this say MLB to me? No.

This is in no way shape or form better than the Minneapolis Miller and St. Paul Saint shaking hands over the Mississippi River, which is significant becasue it represents the first time a team used the name of a state and not a city. That logo along with the TC logo are very dear to the franchise and this carries no history, heritage, or representation of anything related to the team.

Check your kerning. Something about "IN" in "MINNESOTA" is bugging me. And try messing with the space between "T" and "W".

When dealing with type, someone once told me to take my design and turn it upside down. That will give you a better visual for letter spacing.

Not too shabby.

What are the Vegas odds on Patsox knowing what kerning means? Without looking it up? 12-1?

Your original logo was much cleaner than the updated one. It looks like you took a lot of time on the first try, but don't just throw together the updatd version.

What's better:

-No more Siamese twins attatched at the leg.

-Cleaned up gray area at leg.

-Home plate looks more realistic

What's worse:

-Sloppy baseball, it looks like it took 5 seconds, put more time into it.

-Minnesota should be under the "win" in not over it.

-The execution, it looks a lot sloppier than the original

What still can be improved:

I think it would look better with the players standing on top of home plate. Then remove 1961, and put Minnesota under the "win" in Twins. This now leaves some empty space at the top of home plate. My first thought would be to put an interlocking TC on the top.

Another suggestion if you want to keep the twins where they are on the plate would be to keep Minnesota above the Twins wordmark and get rid of the 1961 w/ baseball. Then just put a TC logo under the Twins wordmark.

Take your time on another update and you've got yourself a nice concept.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived