Tributes to the NCAA

EJ_Barlik

Well,

Taking my shot at 15 seconds of fame.......not perfect by any means, but allows me to stretch my design skills in terms of color, theme, etc. Idea behind this is like the NFL logo on a helmet, these are the conference logos.... B)

ncaa.gifACC.gifBigEast.gifBig10.gif

Enjoy...

If anyone has any suggestions for alternate logos or colors to use, I may re-design the helmets...For now, sticking with what I could find.

(more on next post)

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

no offense, but these look like real bad. real bad. even for paint. The worst of it id the template, there has to be something that actually resembles a helmet you can use.

As for the designs themselves, meh, nothing special. Slapping an existing conference logo onto a blank template doesnt do much for me. that and the are insanely large.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

no offense, but these look like real bad. real bad. even for paint. The worst of it id the template, there has to be something that actually resembles a helmet you can use.

As for the designs themselves, meh, nothing special. Slapping an existing conference logo onto a blank template doesnt do much for me. that and the are insanely large.

Well 300 x 300 is not "insanely" large.

And as for the template, I work in 2-D. Live with it. However, if you have a particular template in 2-D you feel is better, I'll be happy to consider using it. Up to this point, I haven't found one I liked, so I made my own.

And no, I'm not a graphic artist, so let's end that particular thread.

That being said, if you have a constructive suggestion on how to improve the design of the conference logos, I welcome it. Pasting a conference logo on a helmet is exactly the point. The NFL does that, and I don't see anyone calling their helmet design (reference the NFL draft) MEH.

But then, you are fully entitled to your opinion.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Well 300 x 300 is not "insanely" large.

And as for the template, I work in 2-D. Live with it. However, if you have a particular template in 2-D you feel is better, I'll be happy to consider using it. Up to this point, I haven't found one I liked, so I made my own.

And no, I'm not a graphic artist, so let's end that particular thread.

That being said, if you have a constructive suggestion on how to improve the design of the conference logos, I welcome it. Pasting a conference logo on a helmet is exactly the point. The NFL does that, and I don't see anyone calling their helmet design (reference the NFL draft) MEH.

But then, you are fully entitled to your opinion.

By insanely large i was referring to the logos on the helmet. and im not saying you need some fancy vector flashy template, its just that the one you use not is very odd in proportions. Just because the nfl has an "NFL" helmet on display once a year doesn't make it good looking. Its very plain, no frills, and uninspired, such as what you've put out, with random striping styles. I don't know what possible C+C would really do any help. Theres not really anything to this concept.

BTW i dont see how responding to a reply with "Live with it" ever makes you look good.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived