Rebranding the NHL: Florida Panthers

GFB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty solid. I like the second version of eyes much better.

One thing i'm noticing though, is the resemblance in every team's wordmarks (except the Senators & Thrashers). You might want to switch it up. Also, the similarity in Anaheim's 'AD' tertiary and this one's 'FP' tertiary is profound. I understand it might be a style or something fairly standard, but being that all these teams are in the same league you should be aiming for a bit more individuality and versatility between each team.

Can't wait to see what you've got in store for the Caps my friend. Keep it up.

Good job. The new logo is nice and fresh, but I think the face could be made a little bit meaner though. It looks a bit young and teddy bear-ish. Maybe make the whiskers longer?

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Rebranding the NHL

New York Islanders

Boston Bruins

Ottawa Senators

Atlanta Thrashers

Anaheim Ducks

Sorry this took so long! I've been so busy with starting college, I had to take a break from logo design...

Alright, I know I said that the Devils would be next, but it's still a work in progress. So instead of waiting, I'm going to skip it and go to the next team: the Florida Panthers.

The Panthers have always had solid logos, but they have always been lacking certain elements that keep them from being one of the best sets in the league. So I went to the drawing board and tried to fix all of the problems I saw. The new primary contains curves, not the straight, jagged lines of the old one. The secondary remains pretty much the same, with only a few slight changes made. The new tertiary is an interlocking F-P, with scratch marks. Finally, a brand new custom wordmark.

Florida Panthers Logos

Florida-Panthers-logos.png

Here is a side-by-side of the new and old primary logos.

Florida-Panthers-sbs.png

I was very dissapointed in the Panthers new uniforms. I was always a big fan of the red jersey. So I brought it back as the primary, with the navy alt. The home and away features a shoulder yoke and horizontal stripes. The alternate is a simplified version of their new away jerseys.

Florida Panthers Uniforms

Florida-Panthers-Uniforms-1.png

C&C as usual...

Next will be the San Jose Sharks. Devils fans just sit tight for a little longer..

GFB

Well done you made the sloppiest logo in the NHL look great! I am also impressed with your restraint when it comes to the subject of putting player numbers on the front of the jersey.

Looks good. There's a few issues with line weight, but they're really minor. I'm not a huge fan or the wordmark. Seems to be too much blue outline in there. Where are you going to school, by the way?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think you should lose the red, and replace with orange or a redish-orange.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Uhh, I don't see what you're saying...

The eyes look the exact same as the old one to me. Maybe the curves give it that feel, but I don't think it is the eyes. Nevertheless, here is a panther with different eyes...

Florida-Panthers-sbs2.png

I was gonna post about the eyes, but I see you've already corrected that :)

The new version looks spectacular.

Thanks guys!

I'm attending Bethel College in Mishawaka (South Bend) Indiana. I was offered a scholarship to go to the College of Creative Studies in Detroit, but I've always wanted to play college soccer. So right now I'm busy as heck balancing school, soccer, art, and homework.

Tempest, what kind of line-weight issues were you talking about?

Keep the C&C coming....

GFB

Thanks guys!

I'm attending Bethel College in Mishawaka (South Bend) Indiana. I was offered a scholarship to go to the College of Creative Studies in Detroit, but I've always wanted to play college soccer. So right now I'm busy as heck balancing school, soccer, art, and homework.

Tempest, what kind of line-weight issues were you talking about?

Keep the C&C coming....

GFB

So obviously your busy, but i'm just curious, when can we expect to see the Sharks concept? :)

espnsignq8.png

It's really just the lines that separate the nails from the paws; they're too thin and not in proportion with the weight of the other lines in the image. It's a really easy fix, though. Just take the nails down a few points with an offset path.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

oh, i see it now.... thanks for he heads up!

i am hoping to get the sharks out sometime in the next week or two. i still have to come up with a tertiary mark. (i was thinking maybe a surfboard?) Anyway, it should be out somewhat soon...

Archived