Colorado Avalanche name choices

roxfan00

I think Avalanche is a horrible name. I'm a dinosaur in that I'm of the opinion that all nicknames should end with an s. That being said, the "A" logo is all right, but the jersey design and the silly big foot logo make the jersey one of the worst in the league. Cougars would've been a better choice. Better yet, bringing back WHL Spurs name and logo would have the best scenario.

I think Avalanche is a horrible name. I'm a dinosaur in that I'm of the opinion that all nicknames should end with an s. That being said, the "A" logo is all right, but the jersey design and the silly big foot logo make the jersey one of the worst in the league. Cougars would've been a better choice. Better yet, bringing back WHL Spurs name and logo would have the best scenario.

The Spurs logo was horrible imo. Much better logo here...Denver Invaders of the WHL.

deninv64.gif

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

I think the Avalanche possess one of the most appropriate and unique name, logo, and identity in pro sports.

Its a shame they are a hockey team or they might be one of the best looking teams in sport.

BTW, I say that last part tongue in cheek.

lol. and so you should! ha ha ha, kidding of course.

I have to say, Although I was a fan of the Nordiques look (very patriotic, hence appropriate) I think the Avs look is about 100 times better.

I'll also say that with my tongue in my cheek as I'm a big time fan of the organization for more than just the identity.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The Spurs logo was horrible imo. Much better logo here...Denver Invaders of the WHL.

deninv64.gif

You're right, the Invaders logo is fabulous. Unfortunately, in this politically correct, hellish enviroment we find ourselves in today any team that introduced this logo would be charged with a hate crime.

I remember someone coming to my high school with those Avalanche sketches back in the day. I don't remember why they were in Topeka at my School with them. Maybe he had a tie to someone there.

Anyways, I was a Nordiques fan, don't ask me why. Maybe the funny name, I'm not sure. Back then I didn't have a solid team. I pulled for the Blues and Nords.

Once I heard they were moving to Denver, I was on-board fully. Then I heard the name and liked it even more. When the logo came out I thought it was perfect and I still do.

Maybe it's the player turnover, and the lack of games shown locally now, but I'm not as big of an Avalanche fans as I once was. It hurts not being able to watch every game like we used to.

I think the Avalanche possess one of the most appropriate and unique name, logo, and identity in pro sports.

Its a shame they are a hockey team or they might be one of the best looking teams in sport.

they will be until tomorrow....stay tuned

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

:therock:

go on....

deninv64.gif

You're right, the Invaders logo is fabulous. Unfortunately, in this politically correct, hellish enviroment we find ourselves in today any team that introduced this logo would be charged with a hate crime.

Simple fix. You remove the paint from the man's face, his feather and the man's ponytail and simply rename the team the "Maniacs" or something. You can even make him a cowboy.

:therock:

go on....

Bold, innovative, capturing the passion of the avalanche....

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

deninv64.gif

Simple fix. You remove the paint from the man's face, his feather and the man's ponytail and simply rename the team the "Maniacs" or something. You can even make him a cowboy.

I couldn't think of an easy flag to draw with those colors. Insert flag there and change colors.

invadespc.png

deninv64.gif

I couldn't think of an easy flag to draw with those colors. Insert flag there and change colors.

invadespc.png

see?

invadersitaly.jpg

i always thought that the denver/colorado teams show no creativity as far as their nicknames go

Colorado Rockies used to be a hockey team now its a baseball team

Denver Avalanche used to be a soccer team now its a hockey team but with colorado instead of denver

i think they could have shown some creativity

"Creativity" for its own sake is over-rated. That's how you get things like "Memphis Maniax".

I'd rather think that the previous teams got it right originally, and new teams recognized it. Nothing wrong with adopting an old name if it's a good one.

Rapids, for example, is a fantastic name. Much better than the team. :P

invadespc.png

see?

invadersitaly.jpg

Who is the crazy French dude? Oh, wait! Now he's a Mad Italian!

I think you might be onto the next Nike World Cup template here...

Just remove the stick and skate blades and have him kick a ball instead.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I remember seeing the Avalanche uniforms for the first time in a pre-season game and just thinking they were the worst uniforms i had ever seen... this was back with the lighter burgundy, and the black helmets with the white uniforms.

Avalanche1.gif

What's happened to change your opinion?

Is it just that other jerseys are even worse?

I personally am not a fan of that color combination. At least the Avalanche use a darker shade of blue than Aston Villa or West Ham United.

I always thought the name was gimmicky and combined with the colors, was not a big fan of all the zig-zaggy lines on the jerseys either.

The Avs jerseys have benefited greatly from familiarity and success. We've seen them so often since they moved and they've won so much that they've grown on us and we now relate them with great achievement. If they were bottom-feeding doormats, they would not be as well liked as they are today for certain because they have a harsh color scheme combined with jarring lines and a goofy font to boot.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived