Yet another US Soccer Federation concept...

gordie_delini

So I was thinking I wanted to do a new US Soccer Federation concept. I wanted to do something iconic, and unique, with a real flair for US symbols. So I was thinking of incorporating an eagle, and then while searching the USMNT store, I discovered a t-shirt design with a ball with wings, and inspiration hit. Without further ado:

Version 1:

Picture1-20.png

Version 2:

Picture2-13.png

OD_Signature.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a big debate about stars in the US logo - yes most countries wear it somewhere outside the crest on the kit. I think given the fact that stars are a national symbol and included in the US flag make it okay for them to appear in the logo. But there will be opposite opinions on this. Anyway, other thoughts?

OD_Signature.jpg

This is simply amazing! I love the idea, it is simple and iconic...

Any chance you could sharpen the corners of the outline and center the soccer ball on it's outline? That would be perfection...

9.7 out of 10

GFB

PS> What font do you use for the nameplate? I've been looking for one like that and haven't found any luck....

I like it. I'm working on a US crest as well, so i understand the problem with a defining look. i like how it has a bit of a military feel. my only critique is that its a little on the dark side. maybe break up the ball and wings with a little line.

The only fault here is that the fine detail of the nautical stars is at odds with the bold, simplistic style of the wings and ball, which are spectacular. Also, don't be afraid to let the wings extend beyond the badge. The badge doesn't have to contain everything.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like the wings moving outside better. it breaks up the color a bit more. it may seem a little odd, but i think it might look nice to drop the blue at the top along with "united states" and have solip striped on the shield with the extended wings. sort of like a secondary. the stars are fine. to me, its the only iconic thing the current shield has going for it.

I definitely like the wings outside better, but I'm not feeling the stars. I don't like the detailed stars, and it seems weird to me to have them outside of the blue area. Maybe try having U*S*S*F in the blue area instead, and moving the ball/wings down a little to balance it out?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Not bad at all, I say. Maybe the stars could be a little smaller.

Ooh, what about a star in the middle of the ball instead of the pentagon?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived