New Website converts bitmaps to vectors

Squeaks4

I looked around to see if this was posted yet but didn't come up with anything. I just saw on digg Stanford has released their online vectoring tool to the public recently. I know there are already a few sites like this, but this is hands down the best and easiest I have ever seen. Take a look: Vector Magic

PopHeading-1.gif

Just want to echo what the other members have said, the site is fantastic. However, it can't work miracles. Your results are only going to as good as the image you provide them. You can't put in a grainy, low res raster image and expect to get a 800x600 clear-as-day vector file out of it.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

hey,i just tried this tool with a copy of a logo someone made for me in paint...it turned out really nice...but is there anyway of downloading/saving the vectorized image as a gif. or png. or jpeg.??or is that even possible?

Just do a screenshot and copy + paste it into paint or something.

hey,i just tried this tool with a copy of a logo someone made for me in paint...it turned out really nice...but is there anyway of downloading/saving the vectorized image as a gif. or png. or jpeg.??or is that even possible?

That's kind of pointless, isn't it?

I mean, it has to be in one of those formats already.

Unless you mean to re-colour it, in which case you'd save it the usual way through your vector software.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I just noticed yesterday that this feature was added.

Considering how crappy that original image is, I think the result is indeed awesome.

For best results, you should totally use the highest resolution raster file you can. Garbage in, garbage out. It's a great little tool, but it doesn't work miracles.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I just noticed yesterday that this feature was added.

Yes, you can now save as .PNG too.

Archived