CNN Reporting Redskins' S Sean Taylor Shot in Miami

BlueSky

Color me a little less sympathetic. Trouble seems to follow this guy:

Link

Let's wait for more facts before we send flowers to the hospital. I'd be less than shocked to find that there's more to the story than a random home invasion.

I didn't want to be the first to say it, but I agree. I want the whole story before he gets my sympathy.

He always seemed to be courting trouble, and this could be karmic payback for his whole "thug" lifestyle he seemed to espouse. Funny how these things never seem to happen to Marvin Harrison or other players that manage to keep their noses clean. Still, sad situation all around - and I do hope for his full recovery.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Idk anyone who says Taylor brought this on himself needs to examine the situation. Someone broke into his house and shot him infront of his daughter. I mean a 24 year old man is on life support all because someone was jealous of his life, and wanted his money. They then resorted to the worst possible act a human could do. I mean this guy was shot infront of his own daughter and were waiting for all the facts to come out? Either way this is a horrible tragedy and like him or not you have to feel for his family in this situation. If your even a fan of the NFL how can you not feel bad. This man dedicated his life to a game we all love and enjoy and now his very existence is threatened just because he played a game. Prevoked murder or not, how can you not pray for Shaun Taylor?

Because I normally don't give my prayers for possible "Darwin Award" candidates/people who had their lifestyles catch up to them.

That said...I feel bad for his daughter, but I reserve judgment on Taylor himself until the complete story comes out.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Idk anyone who says Taylor brought this on himself needs to examine the situation. Someone broke into his house and shot him infront of his daughter. I mean a 24 year old man is on life support all because someone was jealous of his life, and wanted his money. They then resorted to the worst possible act a human could do. I mean this guy was shot infront of his own daughter and were waiting for all the facts to come out? Either way this is a horrible tragedy and like him or not you have to feel for his family in this situation. If your even a fan of the NFL how can you not feel bad. This man dedicated his life to a game we all love and enjoy and now his very existence is threatened just because he played a game. Prevoked murder or not, how can you not pray for Shaun Taylor?

Yes, I'm waiting for all the facts to come out because nobody's confirmed this is a random burglary just yet. This guy has a history of being a shady character--and it's well precedented for crimes against celebrities to be tied to their own past wrongdoings. And if it comes out that this is a result of past "dirty dealings" (as JQK phrased it above), then he brought it upon himself and his family. Being an NFL fan has nothing to do with what my feelings are or should be. A thug is a thug, whether or not they have talent in a particular sport, music or any other endeavor. These talents alone don't make people any more or less valuable as a human being, or more sympathetic a figure than anyone else when something bad happens.

I'm not saying that Sean Taylor definitely made his own bed here. I'm just saying I'm not wrong for suspecting it's a possibility.

What proof do you have of that yet? We know *zero* details about what happened.

It would be a different story if he was actively looking for trouble or if he in some way brought this upon himself. He did not... He was at home at 1:45 in the morning.he had turned his life around. He had distanced himself from said "wrong company." He had moved away from them, into another part of town. He had kept his nose clean. Then his house is repeatedly broken into and he tried to defend his property and his family. In doing so, he risked his livelihood and his life. Regardless of what you thought about him prior to this incident, don't you think you need to bump up your respect for him one iota? Do you know the guy personally? Because you're doing the same thing I am. Making assumptions from what the media tells me. You(unwind) are questioning his character without having no idea on the kind of person he is.

Thoughts and prayers to Sean Taylor, his family, his friends, teammates, fans, everyone.

I'll be praying for as full a recovery as possible.

I don't care about the circumstances. This is a human life. And it's someone's son. And father. And evidently serious boyfriend.

Mistakes, whatever the case, don't warrant a death, period and end of story.

Again, prayers for his recovery.

It would be a different story if he was actively looking for trouble or if he in some way brought this upon himself. He did not... He was at home at 1:45 in the morning.he had turned his life around. He had distanced himself from said "wrong company." He had moved away from them, into another part of town. He had kept his nose clean. Then his house is repeatedly broken into and he tried to defend his property and his family. In doing so, he risked his livelihood and his life. Regardless of what you thought about him prior to this incident, don't you think you need to bump up your respect for him one iota? Do you know the guy personally? Because you're doing the same thing I am. Making assumptions from what the media tells me. You(unwind) are questioning his character without having no idea on the kind of person he is.

And you do?

Unfortunately, even if he had "turned his life around", sometimes the mistakes you make in the past will still come back to get you. It's sad, but such is life.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

A blanket statement with which you agree: insight.

A blanket statement with which you don't: talking out of the ass.

:P

Apparently, most of the blood Taylor lost was replaced, he is out of the coma and responsive, but he's not "out of the woods" just yet.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I am truly sorry for your outlook on life to where you cannot have some sort of sympathy for a man, a father, a son, a brother who has never once done a single act of harm upon you or anyone you know. t I think it should be sufficient to say that a lot of what you and I believe is based around the idea that everyone does wrong, and yet everyone is worthy of forgiveness.At the very essence of who we are as human beings, if you can not wish good will upon your fellow man, what does that say about us as a society? I mean if a highly respected coach like Joe Gibbs would say he has a new respect for Taylor after he became a father and started to straighten his life around, after being a hotshot 24 year old coming into the league to millions of dollars and fame.Samuels and Taylor were honored at the annual kickoff luncheon before the start of the season, and sitting at the dais Samuels spoke to Coach Joe Gibbs for about four minutes, commenting on Taylor's progress. "That guy's matured up, he's doing all the right things, he's a great person," Samuels said he told Gibbs that afternoon. "And Coach Gibbs agreed. We talked about it for probably four or five minutes."

I am too. i was making a generalization. I really just wish the man his best on his recovery. It is a tragic situation that any man should never have to go through, no matter previous mistakes he really was just trying to protect his family.

I am truly sorry for your outlook on life to where you cannot have some sort of sympathy for a man, a father, a son, a brother who has never once done a single act of harm upon you or anyone you know. t I think it should be sufficient to say that a lot of what you and I believe is based around the idea that everyone does wrong, and yet everyone is worthy of forgiveness.At the very essence of who we are as human beings, if you can not wish good will upon your fellow man, what does that say about us as a society? I mean if a highly respected coach like Joe Gibbs would say he has a new respect for Taylor after he became a father and started to straighten his life around, after being a hotshot 24 year old coming into the league to millions of dollars and fame.Samuels and Taylor were honored at the annual kickoff luncheon before the start of the season, and sitting at the dais Samuels spoke to Coach Joe Gibbs for about four minutes, commenting on Taylor's progress. "That guy's matured up, he's doing all the right things, he's a great person," Samuels said he told Gibbs that afternoon. "And Coach Gibbs agreed. We talked about it for probably four or five minutes."

Well...to begin with my low yield Asberger's Syndrome makes it very difficult for me to feel empathy for people I don't terribly know in the best of circumstances.

I will also admit that I am very cynical, and have a fairly dim view of humanity and society as well.

Couple that with what I know about his past actions, I guess that's why I'm not falling over in sympathy.

While I respect his desire to defend his family in this incident, I will also add, based on what I have seen from the media, that he was incredibly foolish to not immediately beef up his home security after last week's break in, or to not go on an extended vacation while the authorities went after the people who entered his house.

Today, we are all otaku.

Well...to begin with my low yield Asberger's Syndrome

You have that too?

Yeppers...don't be too surprised, I recall reading that there seems to be a higher chance of people with that to hang around on internet forums, mainly because that is the best way we can interact with others.

/threadjack

Today, we are all otaku.

Thoughts and prayers to Sean and his family. Washington Post is reporting that he flat lined twice during his 6 hrs of surgery. Signs of life are coming to, hes squeezing nurses hands and has his friends, family and Redskins family by his side. Hail to Sean, who decided it was time to be home after his home was broken into. If it wasnt him this time, if he wasnt home, it wouldve been his fiance or daughter. Sean is a mans man, he has cleaned up his act, but is still a private person, which is why most dont like him and think hes a thug. We here in DC wish for a speedy recovery for "The Reaper"

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

any way you look at it, a man is staring death in the face with a hole in his leg. my prayers are with sean, the taylor family, his friends, and the redskins

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Well...to begin with my low yield Asberger's Syndrome

You have that too?

Yeppers...don't be too surprised, I recall reading that there seems to be a higher chance of people with that to hang around on internet forums, mainly because that is the best way we can interact with others.

/threadjack

That explains so much. Really. Is there any treatment for that?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived