Players in the "wrong" uniforms

What's Hasek doing there? He was with Buffalo 9 years, but has since spent 4 or 5 with the red wings, including a stanley cup win against carolina in 2002. The statemnt he is in the wrong uniform is like saying clemens in pinstripes is the wrong uniform - and he's already said he'll go into the hall as a yankee!

c853_1.JPG

I can't believe that wasn't on the list! I thought the pic of Bobby Orr was interesting because that jersey was very from fitting. Which shows RBK didn't need to reinvent the wheel, just cut the jerseys tighter. Not a knock on the thread starter but wasn't there a similar thread on this posted about a year ago? This could be a fun one to keep going.

Here is one that should have been on the list for sure...

unitasascharger.jpg

Johnny U in...Powder Blue?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

c853_1.JPG

That one always pisses me off, since he was gone about 3 months later.

Here is one that should have been on the list for sure...

unitasascharger.jpg

Johnny U in...Powder Blue?

Couldn't agree more that that should have been on the list. That is one of the first ones that comes to mind for me.

As for Willie Mays and Hank Aaron, those never seem quite as odd for me because both moves represented a return to the cities where they spent significant parts of their careers (in Aaron's case, a majority of his career). They are both even wearing the same caps logos they wore in those cities, just in different colors.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This comes up every now and again - I love this thread.

Mike Piazza as a Marlin always looked strange to me, but since he's become a journeyman it's less and less odd.

Funny, though - as a kid I watched Aaron play in a Brewers uniform (both at home in Milwaukee annd on the road in New York), so it looks somehow wrong to see him in anything else. :P

What's Hasek doing there? He was with Buffalo 9 years, but has since spent 4 or 5 with the red wings, including a stanley cup win against carolina in 2002.

i totally agree.. actually i consider him to be more of a wing than a sabre.... they should have put a pic of him in a sens uni... or even chicago. the rat bastard....

sig.png

c853_1.JPG

That one always pisses me off, since he was gone about 3 months later.

It was also something Jackson later stated he regretted - in his autobiography he claimed that Edward Bennett Williams and he had come to terms on a new contract, and in fact EBW had signed one and presented him with it for signature. Jackson kept the document, but decided to test the free agent waters... and the rest was history.

In 30 years, this pic of Jackson in an Oriole uniform is the only one I've seen, actually.

nav-logo.png

It was also something Jackson later stated he regretted - in his autobiography he claimed that Edward Bennett Williams and he had come to terms on a new contract, and in fact EBW had signed one and presented him with it for signature. Jackson kept the document, but decided to test the free agent waters... and the rest was history.

I can believe that. However, there is one small flaw in the story -- EBW didn't own the Orioles in 1976. They were owned by Jerry Hoffberger, who sold them to EBW in 1979.

From Wikipedia --

Also, ownership changed hands in 1979, with a twelve-million-dollar sale marking the change from the the familiar stability of Jerry Hoffberger's Baltimore Baseball Group to the edgy, hands-on command of Edward Bennett Williams, a powerhouse attorney from Washington D.C. with ideas about moving the club to the nation's capital.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃