Players in the "wrong" uniforms

On 5/6/2016 at 8:18 AM, tubby34 said:

I'm sure it's like the situation with the NYR- with two teams coming in the expansion draft the Blackhawks had to leave one goaltender unprotected and risk losing him for nothing. I'm sure they wanted Hasek as only a backup at that point since Belfour was an elite goaltender. 

They traded Hasek for what they can get, exposed their new backup "Waite" to the expansion draft and didn't lose him and gained other assets.

Buffalo probably exposed Fuhr, Hasek or Draper in the expansion draft and none were selected. 

Rangers traded Vanbiesbrouck to the Canucks to avoid losing him for nothing, and the cancks wanted him just to expose in th draft so they would not lose McLean. 

If I recall correctly, Chicago used the pick from that trade to draft Eric Daze... not bad considering we flipped a known-as-elite Hasek for Slava Kozlov and a squandered 1st in '02

:mellow:

9 hours ago, C-Squared said:

If I recall correctly, Chicago used the pick from that trade to draft Eric Daze... not bad considering we flipped a known-as-elite Hasek for Slava Kozlov and a squandered 1st in '02

:mellow:

Yeah, but rumors at the time were that Hasek actually vetoed an earlier version of the trade to the Red Wings, because the Red Wings gave up too much.

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Yeah, but rumors at the time were that Hasek actually vetoed an earlier version of the trade to the Red Wings, because the Red Wings gave up too much.

That was the rumor in the Metro-Detroit area too.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

12 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Because we all remember RG3 as a Redskins bust, not a Browns wash-up...

Exactly. His career isn't over yet, but damn, there was some potential there. He'll end up on the Patriots in a few years and Belichick will get some production somewhere out of him. 

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

That jersey has a drop shadow rather than up shadow. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's Mark Price as a Warrior.

t3949312-340.jpg

This leads me to a question...

There are plenty of pictures of Price in the Warriors yellow and blue set, but this is the only one I could find of him in this jersey. He only played one season with Golden State (96-97). Did they wear two different uniform sets that year?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

17 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

He spent his final season on the Orlando Magic

image.jpeg

That he did! I didn't mean for "and then" to insinuate that his Bullets stint was after Golden State, because it obviously wasn't haha

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |