larrypep

Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Warren Moon was a Chief?  Yeah that's a weird one.  The Vikings had several straight seasons where they had success with QBs better known for being on other teams (Moon, Cunningham, Jeff George) but in none of those cases would I consider their VIkings jersey to be "wrong" - just not their "right" jersey.  Moon in KC?  Wrong.  Cunningham in DAL or BAL?  Wrong.  George in WAS (even though he was only in MIN for a season)?  Wrong.

On 5/15/2016 at 0:03 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Keith Byars wearing #42.  Had no idea this happened (also had no idea he was on the Patriots '96 Super Bowl team):

keith_byars_1986_10_05.jpg

even weirder was him as a Jet

80969486-new-york-jets-running-back-keit

After 230 games for St Kilda in the AFL between 1987 and 1998, Nicky Winmar played 21 games for the Western Bulldogs in 1999 before retiring.

2040.jpg

Joey Beauchamp played for Oxford United from 1989-1994 and 1995-2002 for a total of 382 games.

joey-beauchamp-swindon.jpg?w=860

In 1994-1995 he played 38 games for our most bitter rivals, Swindon Town FC. Joey just looks wrong in anything other than Yellow and Blue.

Even his brief stint as a West Ham player. (0 games palyed in 1994 pre-season) is wrong:

article-1322880-068E8D84000005DC-831_468

Liverpool edition!

Mario Balotelli

image.jpeg

Coutinho

image.jpeg

Steven Gerrard (wrong jersey numbers)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Liverpool edition!

Mario Balotelli

image.jpeg

Coutinho

image.jpeg

Steven Gerrard (wrong jersey numbers)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

and now he's with the galaxySteven-Gerrard.jpg

6 minutes ago, FamousAtticus said:

Scottie Pippen 

Torpan Pojat
pippen-finland.jpg

Dude should never have bought that airplane.

On 5/15/2016 at 10:21 AM, MCM0313 said:

I don't consider Warren Moon as a Viking to be the "wrong uniform." Warren Moon as a Seahawk, yes. As a Chief, yes. As a Viking, no.

I guess I'm saying this as a Houstonian who was about to be indocrinated into the Blue fandom until Bud Adams snatched it away. 

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:58 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Warren Moon was a Chief?  Yeah that's a weird one.  The Vikings had several straight seasons where they had success with QBs better known for being on other teams (Moon, Cunningham, Jeff George) but in none of those cases would I consider their VIkings jersey to be "wrong" - just not their "right" jersey.  Moon in KC?  Wrong.  Cunningham in DAL or BAL?  Wrong.  George in WAS (even though he was only in MIN for a season)?  Wrong.

Yeah, Moon was a backup on the Chiefs at the very end of his NFL career. He was either 43 or 44 in his last season.

33 minutes ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

I guess I'm saying this as a Houstonian who was about to be indocrinated into the Blue fandom until Bud Adams snatched it away. 

I can understand that. Man, that must have been awful. I'm an Ohioan and, while I've never been a Browns fan and in fact live a good 4 hours from Cleveland, I was quite upset about Modell moving them to Baltimore.

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Dude should never have bought that airplane.

For real. It would've been way cheaper to just tip his servers instead. Then he wouldn't be broke today and he wouldn't have been called "No Tippin' Pippen" in his Bulls days.

I see your Scottie Pippen, and I raise you... Dennis Rodman in his short stint for the BBL's Brighton Bears:

dennis-rodman-during.jpg

IMG_4809-1.PNG

2 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

IMG_4809-1.PNG

That just looks wrong on so many levels. 

5 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

IMG_4809-1.PNG

This makes me think the Angels should add yellow as a trim color. Yes, Lincecum in an L.A. uniform looks a bit odd, but the overall picture looks kind of cool.

Anthony Munoz' first year with the Bengals (1980) was the last year before Cincinnati added stripes to the helmet/uniforms

143268111-rookie-offensive-tackle-anthon

On May 21, 2016 at 5:31 PM, MCM0313 said:

This makes me think the Angels should add yellow as a trim color. Yes, Lincecum in an L.A. uniform looks a bit odd, but the overall picture looks kind of cool.

They had yellow halos from 1971 to 1992.  It helped distinguish them a bit from the other navy & red teams.

391d966ffdde17928b98050d8433171a.jpg