larrypep

Players in the "wrong" uniforms

6,050 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Blue Jackets are like the NHL poster children for player's in the wrong uniform.  

 

Sergei Fedorov, Brian Boucher, Bryan Berard, Adrian Aucoin, Jeff Carter, Adam Foote, Marian Gaborik, Scott Hartnell, Scott Lachance, Lyle Odelein, Mike Peca, Luke Richardson, Geoff Sanderson, Anton Stralman, Raffi Torres, Scott Upshall, Antoine Vermette,  Jakub Voracek, Ray Whitney, etc. 

Don't forget OG Jacket Ron Tugnutt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Don't forget OG Jacket Ron Tugnutt!

 

Tugnutt played for like EIGHT different teams and wasnt with any one team for more than like 3-4 seasons. I'm not sure which uniform would be his "right" one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrianLion said:

 

Tugnutt played for like EIGHT different teams and wasnt with any one team for more than like 3-4 seasons. I'm not sure which uniform would be his "right" one? 

I always thought of him as a Penguin.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nate Robinson made his Delaware Sevens debut last night. 

IMG_0808.JPG

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2017 at 5:48 PM, MCM0313 said:

I always thought of him as a Penguin.

 

Tugnutt only played 18 games (7 regular season, 11 playoff) as a Penguin.  He played the most games and had his best career numbers with Ottawa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2017 at 11:24 AM, BrianLion said:

Blue Jackets are like the NHL poster children for player's in the wrong uniform.  

 

Sergei Fedorov, Brian Boucher, Bryan Berard, Adrian Aucoin, Jeff Carter, Adam Foote, Marian Gaborik, Scott Hartnell, Scott Lachance, Lyle Odelein, Mike Peca, Luke Richardson, Geoff Sanderson, Anton Stralman, Raffi Torres, Scott Upshall, Antoine Vermette,  Jakub Voracek, Ray Whitney, etc. 

Francois Beauchemin - 11 games with the Jackets between the end of the lockout and being traded to Anaheim.

 

Francois+Beauchemin+Columbus+Blue+Jacket

 

Edit: And of course a guy with a name like Francois Beauchemin was drafted by Montreal. He played one game with them.

 

http://ourhistory.canadiens.com/player/Francois-Beauchemin

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2017 at 5:48 PM, MCM0313 said:

I always thought of him as a Penguin.

This is Ron Tugnutt's correct uniform:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Echo said:

 

Tugnutt only played 18 games (7 regular season, 11 playoff) as a Penguin.  He played the most games and had his best career numbers with Ottawa.

Huh. Wonder why I had always thought of him with Pittsburgh. I think he might've been with the Penguins in a video game I played...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Huh. Wonder why I had always thought of him with Pittsburgh. I think he might've been with the Penguins in a video game I played...

He played in the famous 5OT game between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh in 2000. That's why I think of him as a Penguin.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in all honesty the first uniform that comes to mind when I see him is Nordiques. I think he technically spent the most time with Quebec, but probably played more games in Ottawa. 

 

Then again I also vividly remember him on the Ducks, even though that was apparently only one season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Francois Beauchemin - 11 games with the Jackets between the end of the lockout and being traded to Anaheim.

 

Francois+Beauchemin+Columbus+Blue+Jacket

 

Edit: And of course a guy with a name like Francois Beauchemin was drafted by Montreal. He played one game with them.

 

http://ourhistory.canadiens.com/player/Francois-Beauchemin

 

 

 

 I sat here trying to figure out why this didn't look right to me. Beauchemin is the Maple Leaf in this picture FYI. #71 is Chris Clark. 

 

francois-beauchemin-of-the-columbus-blue

 

One of the guys we gave up to get Fedorov. Fall in a hole, Doug Maclean!

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

 

 I sat here trying to figure out why this didn't look right to me. Beauchemin is the Maple Leaf in this picture FYI. #71 is Chris Clark. 

 

francois-beauchemin-of-the-columbus-blue

 

One of the guys we gave up to get Fedorov. Fall in a hole, Doug Maclean!

 

I tried to find a picture, and ended up with, "Eh, looks pretty close. Must be him."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2017 at 10:01 PM, Danny said:

He played in the famous 5OT game between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh in 2000. That's why I think of him as a Penguin.

 

I'm a Sabres fan, so I think of him as a Senator mainly because of this:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curtis Joseph in the Oilers' blue/orange jerseys in his first season with the team.

 

 

84373420.jpg

 

Weirder is the fact that he had already adopted the Cujo mask in St. Louis

 

223854_slide.jpg

 

But randomly wore this Ron Tugnutt-esque splash mask. 

 

joseph-oil-gush.jpg

 

Tugnutt, on the other hand, left Edmonton two seasons before, and never wore an Oilers splash mask. Anyone know the story behind this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bucky_bleichert said:

derrick harper, magic (what's up with the ball?)

507986664.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFB

 

Is that an ABA ball???

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bwburke94 said:

Is that an ABA ball???

Magic vs Spurs preseason, they played with the ABA ball. 30th anniversary of the ABA. Odd, since Magic aren't ex-ABA.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some Knicks just from the last 15 years or so, heck the Knicks alone could be a multiple pager

 

Glen Rice

647627.jpg

 

Penny Hardaway

CH4F225penny-hardaway.jpg

 

Dikembe Mutombo

2780614.jpg

 

Tracy McGrady

a65ad5b56c4eafa687fb93205a09e8bb-getty-90043652nb037_thunder_knicks_nb001_rockets_knicks.jpg

 

Jason Kidd

untitled.png

 

Rasheed Wallace

tumblr_mfga5bsaRx1rge74zo1_1280.jpg

 

Steve Francis

d78bd9a70c456662bfc63a39dcf277ea.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C45CMtkWYAAxI71.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now