larrypep

Players in the "wrong" uniforms

6,050 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Blue Jackets are like the NHL poster children for player's in the wrong uniform.  

Sergei Fedorov, Brian Boucher, Bryan Berard, Adrian Aucoin, Jeff Carter, Adam Foote, Marian Gaborik, Scott Hartnell, Scott Lachance, Lyle Odelein, Mike Peca, Luke Richardson, Geoff Sanderson, Anton Stralman, Raffi Torres, Scott Upshall, Antoine Vermette,  Jakub Voracek, Ray Whitney, etc. 

Don't forget OG Jacket Ron Tugnutt!

43 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Don't forget OG Jacket Ron Tugnutt!

Tugnutt played for like EIGHT different teams and wasnt with any one team for more than like 3-4 seasons. I'm not sure which uniform would be his "right" one? 

1 hour ago, BrianLion said:

Tugnutt played for like EIGHT different teams and wasnt with any one team for more than like 3-4 seasons. I'm not sure which uniform would be his "right" one? 

I always thought of him as a Penguin.

1 person likes this

Nate Robinson made his Delaware Sevens debut last night. 

IMG_0808.JPG

2 people like this

On 2/15/2017 at 5:48 PM, MCM0313 said:

Tugnutt only played 18 games (7 regular season, 11 playoff) as a Penguin.  He played the most games and had his best career numbers with Ottawa.

On 2/15/2017 at 11:24 AM, BrianLion said:

Blue Jackets are like the NHL poster children for player's in the wrong uniform.  

Sergei Fedorov, Brian Boucher, Bryan Berard, Adrian Aucoin, Jeff Carter, Adam Foote, Marian Gaborik, Scott Hartnell, Scott Lachance, Lyle Odelein, Mike Peca, Luke Richardson, Geoff Sanderson, Anton Stralman, Raffi Torres, Scott Upshall, Antoine Vermette,  Jakub Voracek, Ray Whitney, etc. 

Francois Beauchemin - 11 games with the Jackets between the end of the lockout and being traded to Anaheim.

Francois+Beauchemin+Columbus+Blue+Jacket

Edit: And of course a guy with a name like Francois Beauchemin was drafted by Montreal. He played one game with them.

http://ourhistory.canadiens.com/player/Francois-Beauchemin

On 2/15/2017 at 5:48 PM, MCM0313 said:

This is Ron Tugnutt's correct uniform:

1 hour ago, Echo said:

Tugnutt only played 18 games (7 regular season, 11 playoff) as a Penguin.  He played the most games and had his best career numbers with Ottawa.

Huh. Wonder why I had always thought of him with Pittsburgh. I think he might've been with the Penguins in a video game I played...

55 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Huh. Wonder why I had always thought of him with Pittsburgh. I think he might've been with the Penguins in a video game I played...

He played in the famous 5OT game between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh in 2000. That's why I think of him as a Penguin.

1 person likes this

in all honesty the first uniform that comes to mind when I see him is Nordiques. I think he technically spent the most time with Quebec, but probably played more games in Ottawa. 

Then again I also vividly remember him on the Ducks, even though that was apparently only one season. 

15 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Francois Beauchemin - 11 games with the Jackets between the end of the lockout and being traded to Anaheim.

Francois+Beauchemin+Columbus+Blue+Jacket

Edit: And of course a guy with a name like Francois Beauchemin was drafted by Montreal. He played one game with them.

http://ourhistory.canadiens.com/player/Francois-Beauchemin

I sat here trying to figure out why this didn't look right to me. Beauchemin is the Maple Leaf in this picture FYI. #71 is Chris Clark. 

francois-beauchemin-of-the-columbus-blue

One of the guys we gave up to get Fedorov. Fall in a hole, Doug Maclean!

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I sat here trying to figure out why this didn't look right to me. Beauchemin is the Maple Leaf in this picture FYI. #71 is Chris Clark. 

francois-beauchemin-of-the-columbus-blue

One of the guys we gave up to get Fedorov. Fall in a hole, Doug Maclean!

I tried to find a picture, and ended up with, "Eh, looks pretty close. Must be him."

On 2/16/2017 at 10:01 PM, Danny said:

He played in the famous 5OT game between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh in 2000. That's why I think of him as a Penguin.

I'm a Sabres fan, so I think of him as a Senator mainly because of this:

Curtis Joseph in the Oilers' blue/orange jerseys in his first season with the team.

84373420.jpg

Weirder is the fact that he had already adopted the Cujo mask in St. Louis

223854_slide.jpg

But randomly wore this Ron Tugnutt-esque splash mask. 

joseph-oil-gush.jpg

Tugnutt, on the other hand, left Edmonton two seasons before, and never wore an Oilers splash mask. Anyone know the story behind this?

15 hours ago, bucky_bleichert said:

derrick harper, magic (what's up with the ball?)

507986664.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFB

Is that an ABA ball???

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, bwburke94 said:

Is that an ABA ball???

Magic vs Spurs preseason, they played with the ABA ball. 30th anniversary of the ABA. Odd, since Magic aren't ex-ABA.

5 people like this

Here are some Knicks just from the last 15 years or so, heck the Knicks alone could be a multiple pager

Glen Rice

647627.jpg

Penny Hardaway

CH4F225penny-hardaway.jpg

Dikembe Mutombo

2780614.jpg

Tracy McGrady

a65ad5b56c4eafa687fb93205a09e8bb-getty-90043652nb037_thunder_knicks_nb001_rockets_knicks.jpg

Jason Kidd

untitled.png

Rasheed Wallace

tumblr_mfga5bsaRx1rge74zo1_1280.jpg

Steve Francis

d78bd9a70c456662bfc63a39dcf277ea.jpg

1 person likes this

C45CMtkWYAAxI71.jpg