larrypep

Players in the "wrong" uniforms

6,050 posts in this topic

Shaq+Orlando.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cujo said:

Shaq+Orlando.JPG

 

Really? I'd say that and Lakers are both the right uniform for Shaq. I'll even throw in the Heat too. But these are sooooo much more wrong for him than the Magic:

 

Image result for shaq suns

Image result for shaq cavs

shaq.jpg

13 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

One of the many failed Yankees acquisitions: Dr.K!

aajv045.jpg

 

These were worse

dwight-gooden-of-the-cleveland-indians-p

 

cacfa224c730a529a7f1bc39d5007f1f.jpg

 

image.jpg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of aces who got into their twilight stages.

front.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cujo said:

Shaq+Orlando.JPG

 

Vintage Cujo. 

 

I'd say this looks more right than Miami even. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To put Shaq's four seasons and lone Finals sweep in Orlando on par with his time in LA is extremely laughable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

To put Shaq's four seasons and lone Finals sweep in Orlando on par with his time in LA is extremely laughable.

What are you talking about, people remember Shaq as a great player in Orlando and Los Angeles. Heck, if you ask some people they would say Shaq was even better with Orlando. Shaq and Penny was a great thing, and it certainly wasn't wrong.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2017 at 8:53 PM, wyopokes2 said:

Was watching the NFL Network today and saw something that I had totally forgot. He's been posted before in this thread for the Allen Wranglers and the Bengals and Bills, but hadn't seen Terrell Owens for the Seahawks.

 

Seattle+Seahawks+v+Kansas+City+Chiefs+iQ Seattle+Seahawks+v+Denver+Broncos+Lu6hCk

Double whammy considering his jersey number was something other than 81. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ImmortalChef said:

What are you talking about, people remember Shaq as a great player in Orlando and Los Angeles. Heck, if you ask some people they would say Shaq was even better with Orlando. Shaq and Penny was a great thing, and it certainly wasn't wrong.

 

Let's be honest here. Even Miami Shaq was better than Shaq in Orlando.

 

If Shaq "belongs" in a Magic uniform, then he belongs in three of them -- the Deion Sanders of the NBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cujo said:

To put Shaq's four seasons and lone Finals sweep in Orlando on par with his time in LA is extremely laughable.

 

I mean, they made a 30 for 30 about it so it wasn't insignificant. Nobody's putting his time with Orlando on par with what he did in LA, but the uniform he became a star in is not his "wrong" uniform. 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right uniform, wrong helmet. Anyone have any information on why the Jets did this and for how long? Just saw a clip on the Leafs intermission and was dumbfounded.

IMG_0105.JPG

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kazaam, Blue Chips, and Shaq Fu all happened before his time with the Lakers.  He was a legit cultural phenomenon; name one other basketball player who had his own fighting video game!  Even as a dorky white kid in a city without an NBA team 1,200 miles away, everybody knew Shaq and the Magic.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Kazaam, Blue Chips, and Shaq Fu all happened before his time with the Lakers.  He was a legit cultural phenomenon; name one other basketball player who had his own fighting video game!  Even as a dorky white kid in a city without an NBA team 1,200 miles away, everybody knew Shaq and the Magic.

 

Not a fighting game, but....michael-jordan-chaos-in-the-windy-city-u

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wade Boggs in a Devil Rays uniform will always be his right uniform to me, but I'm the definition of bias in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DG_Now said:

 

Not a fighting game, but....michael-jordan-chaos-in-the-windy-city-u

The only thing that surprises me is that it's not co-branded with McDonald's in some way.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cujo said:

 

Let's be honest here. Even Miami Shaq was better than Shaq in Orlando.

 

If Shaq "belongs" in a Magic uniform, then he belongs in three of them -- the Deion Sanders of the NBA.

Miami Shaq was only good because of D Wade. Orlando Shaq was a great player who had Penny and Horace Grant to compliment his skill set. Cujo, stick to baseball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

 

Hey, at least he's better than Jason Kidd.

 


Also, Jason Kidd in the 90's Mavericks gear sadly registers as a player in the wrong uniform for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:21 PM, McCarthy said:

 

I mean, they made a 30 for 30 about it so it wasn't insignificant. Nobody's putting his time with Orlando on par with what he did in LA, but the uniform he became a star in is not his "wrong" uniform. 

 

They also made a 30-for-30 about Michael Jordan on the White Sox -- Must be the right uniform!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now