larrypep

Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Not wrong wrong, but technically a rarity:

Robert Horry goes to the basket : News Photo

Robert Horry's last season with the Lakers was also the first season they introduced the white unis

11 hours ago, Cujo said:

IMG_5826.PNG?w=620&h=413&fit=max

Actually that's the right uniform... But for all the wrong reasons... :P

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

IMG_5826.PNG?w=620&h=413&fit=max

Speaking of overpaid qbs.... Here is someone who is no doubt beloved in new york

0ap2000000154391_gallery_600.jpg

AA-Dubi02.jpg

Brandon Dubinsky playing for his hometown Alaska Aces during the 2012-13 lockout.

12 hours ago, nash61 said:

AA-Dubi02.jpg

Brandon Dubinsky playing for his hometown Alaska Aces during the 2012-13 lockout.

I'm going to be honest, that's a nice looking match up. I really dig both of those uniforms. 

1 hour ago, BenLueckDesigns said:

Martin-St.-Louis-4.jpg

It was only 1 1/2 seasons but he contributed a lot, helping them go to the Stanley Cup Finals, so it's not weird to a Ranger fan like me. Plus I'd argue he had some great memorable moments in that uniform. 

I apologize if this has been used before, but here's Richard Jefferson as a member of the Utah Jazz:

79868182.jpg

Here's a rarity since Reeves never played for the MEMPHIS Grizzlies in the regular season. He played two preseason games in Memphis before being put on the IR and eventually retiring.

530413.jpg

In honour of the Maple Leafs wearing their St. Patrick's Day St. Patricks throwback later tonight, here's Mats Sundin wearing the last one they did, on March 2, 2002:
795590-1040x572.jpg
This doubles as a "wrong" uniform in another way - between stints with the Nordiques, Maple Leafs & Canucks, this is one of the few times in his pro career that Mats didn't wear a primarily-blue jersey.

11 minutes ago, Cujo said:

True uniform is USPS.

wayne-knight-space-jam.jpg?w=650&quality

That, or an assortment of Hawaiian shirts. We got Dodgson here!

On 3/16/2017 at 6:17 PM, kimball said:

Here's a rarity since Reeves never played for the MEMPHIS Grizzlies in the regular season. He played two preseason games in Memphis before being put on the IR and eventually retiring.

530413.jpg

Is it just me, or does Bryant Reeves have some weird hair? Look at how thin it is in the middle...and it's not a sign of balding, because his hairline hasn't changed a bit in retirement. Also has a few small hairless scars on the back of his head (no, not hair-transplant scars - I know what those look like and, plus, he's always had these).

Not really a uniform but a warmup, Drexler and Robinson wore the famous Magic 90's warmups for the 1992 All Star game.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Larry Nance wore #6 for the remainder of the 1987-88 season (27 games, plus post-season), after his trade from Phoenix.

He switched to #22 for the 1988-89 season. (His #22 would later be retired.)

176582790.jpg

Kevin Dineen wore #20 when traded to the Flyers before acquiring his familiar #11 the next season.

4920-154Fr.jpg

Mark Recchi wore #11 for a brief time when reacquired by the Flyers before returning to his familiar #8.

20503.jpg