Players in the "wrong" uniforms

In honor of Mr. Anthony Cavillo's induction into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, here's a two-fer:

Anthony-Calvillo-Las-Vegas-Posse-19944.j

1) He got his start during the CFL's American experiment of the mid-1990s, starting his pro career with the infamous Las Vegas Posse. From there.....

Anthony-Calvillo-Hamilton-Tiger-Cats-199

2) Once the CFL left the US, he start his Canadian career with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, before making his mark with the Montreal Alouettes.

UBwef0L.png

Chapman is not a Red anymore.  His only meaningful prime-time national exposure came in another uniform, and if he plays well for a few years in NY, that will cement it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, bucky_bleichert said:

as long as we're on the subject of old WRs who had no business being on the eagles

1974+Topps+NFL.jpg

sorry if both are repeats

1.  everything is a repeat at this point.  That's how this thread works now since nobody (myself included) is going back to read it all.

2.  THat Art Monk pic is also odd for another reason - that's the only season the Eagles had twill numbers on those jerseys.  Also the number font is slightly different than at any other time in the kelly green era.  It's a little thinner, and the 6s and 9s are a little different.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

25 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

They won the Central by 17 games. I don't think Chapman was worth that much.

In fact I'm pretty sure he had a negative WPA in the playoffs, so he helped them lose more than he helped them win.

• Like 1

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

1.  everything is a repeat at this point.  That's how this thread works now since nobody (myself included) is going back to read it all.

2.  THat Art Monk pic is also odd for another reason - that's the only season the Eagles had twill numbers on those jerseys.  Also the number font is slightly different than at any other time in the kelly green era.  It's a little thinner, and the 6s and 9s are a little different.

The first thing that stuck or about that picture was the black threads around the numbers. As a Jet fan,  all I could think about was the early nineties jerseys with the black trim.  I was so worried about them getting a black third or taking away from the simplicity of the green and white. 

On 3/25/2017 at 10:46 AM, bucky_bleichert said:

as long as we're on the subject of chris carter

s568872814488652156_p3607_i1_w1100.jpeg

as long as we're on the subject of old WRs who had no business being on the eagles

1974+Topps+NFL.jpg

sorry if both are repeats

I have that Cris Carter Score card. I'm not sure whether I have the Fleer one too. Haven't seen the Monk one, though. What brand is that? It was 1995, right?

23 hours ago, schlim said:

The first thing that stuck or about that picture was the black threads around the numbers. As a Jet fan,  all I could think about was the early nineties jerseys with the black trim.  I was so worried about them getting a black third or taking away from the simplicity of the green and white. 

They made black fashion jerseys with kelly-green numbers for the Eagles (I think they were Starter or Russel EDIT: actually I think they were Champion because I remember the 12 in Cunningham being in that font) and they sold pretty well.

I think it was Buddy Ryan and/or Jim McMahon that started wearing black crowned caps on the sidelines, and it was the first time that black had really been associated in any way with the Eagles (yeah the trim, but that's all it was - it wasn't really one of their "colors".)  I was obviously younger, but people (at least my school mates in the late 80s/early 90s) were like "whoa - they'd look good in black."  Fortunately it didn't happen.

Here's the Buddy one.  Jim McMahon's had white pinstripes IIRC (and I'm kind of amazed that I remember all this.)  The McMahon one here wasn't what I was thinking, just posting it because of how horrible it is.

buddy.jpg?e806ec  jim-mcmahon.jpg

• Like 3