Players in the "wrong" uniforms

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

How many people will remember his Bulls days 10+ years after he retires? Though he is from the Windy City, he will always be the #1 symbol of the Heat's golden days.

dwyane-wade-bulls-pacers.jpg

Another player in the wrong uniform in that pic is Jeff Teague. 

• Like 6

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 3/31/2017 at 10:14 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

How many people will remember his Bulls days 10+ years after he retires? Though he is from the Windy City, he will always be the #1 symbol of the Heat's golden days.

dwyane-wade-bulls-pacers.jpg

Especially considering the fact that odds are he's leaving after one season.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 3/27/2017 at 3:26 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

There's absolutely no way that this should be the criteria for right or wrong uniform. There are so many players and teams that just don't get the same national exposure as other teams so you can't go by where they got meaningful national exposure. If that's the way you look at it then, for example, Ricky Henderson and Ichiro's "right" uniforms would both be the Yankees and not the A's or Mariners, and that's just wrong. 

Sure it's not the only  criteria, but it's a big part of it.  Your Ichiro comparison is silly.  Ichiro became a star with the Mariners and will forever be associated with them.  I don't think anyone in their right mind would consider him a signicant part of Yankees history.

To a lot of people, their first thought of Chapman won't be in a Reds uniform.  His biggest moments happened in other uniforms, and his best years will occur in another one too.

An interesting case here would be Roy Halladay.  He clearly established himself and became a perennial star in Toronto, but lobbied to get out of there and had the biggest moments of his career in front of national audiences in prime time playing for a major-market team.  When the average person closes their eyes and thinks Roy Halladay, they either see him finishing a perfect game, finishing a playoff no-hitter, pitching in the playoffs back-to-back years, and winning a Cy Young and playing in All Star games while wearing red pinstripes.

I think that most reasonable people would still consider Toronto his "right" uniform, but his "poster" moments occurred in other uniroms, and more people have seen him in red as opposed to black.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Here's the reciprocal:

1976-MARICHAL-CAPPER.jpg.4ae6bc16815c6c93423b34429767ad26.jpg  s-l300.jpg.6bd067e1bfeece504573c5e669694434.jpg

8 hours ago, chrispw12 said:

A couple Dodgers who played late in career with Giants

Duke Snider

duke.png.13939606860acaa46fd0667094918e0e.png

Orel Hershiser

orel.png.f3a288fb5d35fa12b16fa68bf7815022.png

5 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Here's the reciprocal:

1976-MARICHAL-CAPPER.jpg.4ae6bc16815c6c93423b34429767ad26.jpg  s-l300.jpg.6bd067e1bfeece504573c5e669694434.jpg

*shudder*

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

To go with my post in the "Right Team, Wrong Uniform" thread; I'm certain these have been posted here already, but since they're buried in 295 pages of thread now...
fleeru9293-385-hextallr.jpg
Ron Hextall with the Nordiques in 1992-93; he was traded there from Philly in the Lindros trade, and he helped them make the playoffs for the first time in 5 seasons. Just on a personal level though, I don't consider this a "wrong" jersey; his season there was immortalised in NHL '94 and Quebec was always my main in that game. I even own a Nordiques jersey with his name on it! :D

Interestingly, when he was first traded to the Nordiques he was so scared of having to play there that he almost didn't report to the team. He ultimately did, obviously, and he reportedly adjusted so well to living in Quebec that he was surprised when they traded him in the 1993 offseason...
5078-127Bk.jpg
...To the New York Islanders. (Wrong number, too!) He played 1993-94 there before being traded back to Philadelphia, where he played from 1995 until his retirement in 1999.

• Like 1

Yeah what's the deal with that teal stuff on Phillips, I've seen that more than a few times on him and it's so weird. Nolan Arenado has also worn teal for the Rockies as well last season. I guess it's the same type of thing as Cespedes always wearing neon yellow junk. Accessories should always been in team colors but I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here. 

• Like 2