Players in the "wrong" uniforms

5 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:
7 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Oops!  Marlins, Mariners -- whatever.  Call it the "Dave Magadan Syndrome".

What's that mean?

Just a little joke.

When Dave Magadan was traded from the Marlins to the Mariners, this somehow caused me to conflate these two teams that had names and colours that were pretty close.  For years I often said "Mariners" when I meant Marlins and "Marlins" when I meant Mariners. Eventually I got over it -- or so I thought!  

Blast you, Dave Magadan!

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

10 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Just a little joke.

When Dave Magadan was traded from the Marlins to the Mariners, this somehow caused me to conflate these two teams that had names and colours that were pretty close.  For years I often said "Mariners" when I meant Marlins and "Marlins" when I meant Mariners. Eventually I got over it -- or so I thought!  

Blast you, Dave Magadan!

I didn't even know Mags was with the Mariners. There's my newest wrong uniform I guess lol. 

This was probably touched on when it happened, but it's news to me.

I wanted to see how the Celtics got Isaiah Thomas, out of curosity as he's been pummeling the team I love dearly.  And I see in the 3 way deal that sent him to Boston, the Celtics sent Tayshaun Prince to the Pistons?? Whaaa?  You'd think if anything it would go the other way around.  I don't recall Prince on Boston at all.  I honesty figured it was a typo.  But sure enough I looked it up and Prince played 9 games with the Celtics in 2014.  

February 19, 2015: As part of a 3-team trade, traded by the Phoenix Suns to the Boston Celtics; the Boston Celtics traded Tayshaun Prince to the Detroit Pistons; the Boston Celtics traded Marcus Thornton and a 2016 1st round draft pick to the Phoenix Suns; and the Detroit Pistons traded Gigi Datome and Jonas Jerebko to the Boston Celtics. (PHO 2016 1st round pick received from BOS is CLE's pick and is top-10 protected.)

tayshaun%20prince%20trade.jpg

• Like 2

90758391980.gif

On 4/23/2017 at 11:38 PM, Korkie said:

Ryan Howard, Gwinnett Braves. Saw a caption on the news with him with photoshopped Braves A hat. Weird. 

IMG_0380.PNG

He was released today, so now even more so. Thank goodness he didn't make the big club, it would have been weird. But if it's the end, a sad way to go out for a legend for the Phillies. I am sure they'll welcome him home to the organization as soon as he wants to.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

On 5/2/2017 at 6:37 PM, BShaw20 said:

I know this one was posted here before this just seems to be, for me at least, the definitive matchup of players in the wrong uniforms. 

IMG_8040.JPG

Or, more sadly, the definitive match-up of guys who hung on too long.

Have we done Jazz legend Joe Ingles on the Clippers yet?

5778470-3x4-700x933.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Have we done Jazz legend Joe Ingles on the Clippers yet?

5778470-3x4-700x933.jpg

The Clippers were awful to Joe Ingles (what a shocker). They released him from a preseason game as his wife was traveling from Australia to see him play. Preseason. 

I am am so glad Joe and the Jazz beat them in the playoffs. 

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

In 2003, Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne agreed to go for the Cup by joining a stacked Avalanche team, signing 1 year deals.   Kariya then played for Nashville and St. Louis.  Once a Duck, always a Duck.

nhl_kariya11_800.jpg

19603.jpg

kariyaFBBD9161EEE.jpg

St+Louis+Blues+v+Anaheim+Ducks+-p7o9Hzow

^ Sad that Tigers road uniform lasted one year (1994)- they were late to the 'racing stripe' party. (The road script on that jersey is still used today, though.)

mcdaniel-buf00.jpg

This is the versatile Minnesota Viking offensive lineman Randall McDaniel playing out the string with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2000.

• Like 1

UBwef0L.png