Players in the "wrong" uniforms

On 8/18/2017 at 9:32 PM, jrodsep said:

Dang, The Celtics got a bargain. Two Shaqs for the price of one. Yikes!!!!!

Man, I completely forgot about that stop for Shaq. Although he was objectively his most iconic with the Lakers, because he ended up making notable-enough stops with so many others teams, in my head, he's one of the few superstars that doesn't really "belong" to any one team. Similarly, Ray Allen, Vince Carter, and Tracy McGrady are kind of like that for me. I distinctly remember their stops with multiple teams, so no matter how short, I can picture them wearing multiple jerseys and have them "fit." 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arts11 said:

Man, I completely forgot about that stop for Shaq. Although he was objectively his most iconic with the Lakers, because he ended up making notable-enough stops with so many others teams, in my head, he's one of the few superstars that doesn't really "belong" to any one team. Similarly, Ray Allen, Vince Carter, and Tracy McGrady are kind of like that for me. I distinctly remember their stops with multiple teams, so no matter how short, I can picture them wearing multiple jerseys and have them "fit." 

The one jersey that'll never look right on Shaq for me: 

3839175837_cc040da168.jpg

It's just.... Shaq played a year & a half in Phoenix. He played 103 games for the Suns.... that's more than he played for the Cavs (which I remember fondly) & the Celtics (which I remember due to him retiring) COMBINED (which was 90 games). Yet I can't recall this at all. It's sad, really.... 2 legends in their dwindling years & they can't win a Ship together :(

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On 8/20/2017 at 6:02 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

The one jersey that'll never look right on Shaq for me: 

3839175837_cc040da168.jpg

It's just.... Shaq played a year & a half in Phoenix. He played 103 games for the Suns.... that's more than he played for the Cavs (which I remember fondly) & the Celtics (which I remember due to him retiring) COMBINED (which was 90 games). Yet I can't recall this at all. It's sad, really.... 2 legends in their dwindling years & they can't win a Ship together :(

Now that I think about it, there are actually quite a few Hall of Famers (and other notable, retired All-Stars) from the last decade-ish, that made their mark whilst playing for multiple teams, and when I try to picture them in my mind, there's not really one consistent jersey I see them wearing everytime:

• Jason Kidd - He definitely had his best years as a Net, but when I checked, he actually played about the same number of games with the Mavs too, along with a significant chunk with the Suns. 
  • Dikembe Mutombo - He never really stayed anywhere for that long. I intermittently picture him in a Nuggets vs Hawks vs Rockets vs even 76ers jersey.
  • Charles Barkley - Suns vs 76ers vs even Rockets partially just because of how bad those pajama striped jerseys were. 
  • Dennis Rodman - I remember the first time I became aware of him was when he was on the Spurs so I see him wearing that vs Bulls vs Pistons (to a lesser extent mainly b/c he looked so different back in his Detroit days)
  • Mitch Richmond - Despite his short time with them, I picture him as much in a Warriors (thanks to the Run TMC days) and Bullets jersey as I do in a Kings one.
  • Glen Rice - He's a Hornet or Heat in my head
  • Detlef Schrempf - Pacers vs Sonics
  • Horace Grant - Magic vs Bulls
  • Latrell Sprewell - Warriors vs Knicks
  • Like 1

Marshawn Lynch -- Oakland Raider:

bng-l-raiders-0820-4.jpg?w=620

Big fan of the dark visor, especially on a player like Lynch.  If it was some scrub it would look dumb... Lynch call pull it off.  It fits well with Oakland's style also.  Simple uniforms but still among my favorites in the league.  

Also I know Adrian Peterson has been mentioned but here he is in full uniform: 

5996439b7f16a.image.jpg

90758391980.gif

39 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

5996439b7f16a.image.jpg

The Saints' uniforms are among the best in the league now that they've ditched the toilet seat collar and fixed their issue with mismatched golds.

• Like 1
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

3 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

The Saints' uniforms are among the best in the league now that they've ditched the toilet seat collar and fixed their issue with mismatched golds.

Meh. The gold is still way too bland for a New Orleans team.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

IDK, I picture him in an A's uni just as much as the Jays.

First, self admitted Blue Jay band wagoner, so I do think of him as more of a Jay.  The reason I say him in an A's uniform is wrong would be because he really only was an impact player for them for a couple of years.  While he's only played 3 years with the Jays, for now, he was the MVP his first year, and I see him finishing his career with the Jays.  It would be pretty stupid for them to let him go.