Players in the "wrong" uniforms

On 1/31/2019 at 11:23 PM, anythinglogos said:

Thanks to his son getting traded there I found out that Tim Hardaway played with Dirk on the Mavs in 2001

DySOlrJVYAET1Dg?format=jpg&name=small

He also played a few dozen of games with the Nuggets and Pacers

6e063934e36a9ba26061a944338a18a6.jpg 

tim-hardaway-of-the-indiana-pacers-drive

So Dirk has played alongside both father and son? That's gotta put him on a pretty short list, wouldn't you think?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

So Dirk has played alongside both father and son? That's gotta put him on a pretty short list, wouldn't you think?

Not that short. It at least includes everyone on the 1990 Seattle Mariners roster.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

37 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Not that short. It at least includes everyone on the 1990 Seattle Mariners roster.

Right. I was thinking specifically within the NBA though. Smaller rosters, and it seems like not it's not as common there for a player to be the son of a former player.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 1:51 AM, Timaa said:

BZM0BNJCAAEr408.png

He had no problem playing in Quebec, just not for Quebec.

I read somewhere that he actually opened up about the entire Nordiques thing. It had nothing to do with playing in Quebec City, it was more to do with not playing for Marcel Aubut, the Nordiques owner. Take it for what it's worth but either way, I think it worked our for the best for them as they got the key pieces that helped them to win 2 Cups in Colorado.

I don't think that required "opening up".  I remember that whole saga, and it was that the Nordiques franchise was a complete joke at the time, and he had no confidence that the team / owner was capable of building a winner, willing to pay for talent, and that he'd fade into oblivion there and just be another great player that never had a chance to win.  I never got the impression that it was anything specific to QC - just the team's management.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I think it was mentioned when the trade went down that Dirk is the fourth NBA player of all time to play with a father and son. Don’t know the other three though

• Like 1
07Giants.pngnyy.png

The entire Cleveland Cavaliers roster from 2008-2010 played with LeBron and his father, Delonte West.

The actual answer is: Moses Malone - Rick and Jon Barry; Bimbo Coles - Milt and Dajuan Wagner; and Ron Artest/Metta World Peace - Tim Hardaway Sr. and Jr. This is the first time it's been for the same franchise, though.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

The entire Cleveland Cavaliers roster from 2008-2010 played with LeBron and his father, Delonte West.

The actual answer is: Moses Malone - Rick and Jon Barry; Bimbo Coles - Milt and Dajuan Wagner; and Ron Artest (Metta World Peace - Tim Hardaway Sr. and Jr. This is the first time it's been for the same franchise, though.

Bahaha, I'd forgotten about that whole thing. Been awhile.

12 hours ago, tubby34 said:

Someone explain this to me lol. Why is he wearing a Canadiens Jersey?

I believe the story is that it's obviously his wedding and the in-laws are Canadiens fans, so they had him wear a jersey with his number but their name on it, which I believe is something like Lamarche.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

34 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I love the Charlotte Hornets’ teal and purple, but felt the addition of yellow when the franchise was in New Orleans helped separate the eras and — as you can see with the Pelicans’ City Edition — really fits... well... the city.  

I would say the last New Orleans Hornets jersey sets were the best jerseys they’ve had in the abridged history. Besides those throwbacks they have now

• Like 1

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

a727f27512d2aef14ed6be56bc6ae8ca.jpg

Davis is (soon to be was) a great player for the pelicans. I forget they were still the Hornets his rookie year though. Looks very strange

Edit: Same could be said to Rivers to some extent I guess

I think this was the NOLA's best jersey as the Hornets. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin