NFL Monochrome MADNESS!

tBBP

Told y'all it was a-comin'.

This thread runs in concurrence with the one in the "Sports Logos" forum of the same name (for those curious, well...CLICK ME CLICK ME!!!) In that thread, I pretty much catalougued the whole "dark mono" bug that swept through the NFL in the early part of this decade, and chronicled the looks of those squads who got bit by that bug (even though I DID miss a few...like the Titans' two blues). That thread wasn't for the faint of heart (those whose insides curdle at the mere mention of dark monochrome in the NFL, much less an IMAGE of it)...and guess what? THIS THREAD HERE AIN'T, EITHER!

Also, in that thread, cerebellums got to spinning, cortexes got to twirling, and many minds fantasized (for varying reasons) about dark mono looks that haven't been broken out yet. Well, my friends...through the magic of my world of Photoshop Phantasies (that's MY phrase and I BETTA NOT see nobody ele up in here tryna claim it neitha! :P ), those mental images can, and will, come true! I told a lot of you that I've already been working on creating dark mono looks that haven't been seen yet in the NFL. (Oh--and just to clarify, when I say "dark mono", the key word in there is DARK, as in primary team color, and sometimes secondary colors...I don't mean white-on-white up in here. That look has existed ever since football has.)

SO...with no further ado--actually, wait...let me back up. Only because I know I'm going to get requests up in here, let me let 'chyall know something right quick...ain't gon BE no need for requests, because I've already made the plan to create dark monos for all NFL teams that currently haven't worn one...with a couple extra surprises thrown in. (And watch...I bet somebody gon' make one anyway, cuz a lot of people don't even bother to READ these intros...rather, they go straight to the pictures. Hope don't nobody get made to look like a dumb&$$ up in here... :D) So sit back and immerse yourself in the world of Monochrome MADNESS up in here!

I'll post up one or two at a time, so stay tuned, cuz your team may just be the next to be outfitted in dark mono...in Bucco_B's world of Photoshop Phantasies!

(One other thing: being that this IS my thread, for those who might think of doing so, PLEASE do not post YOUR renditions up in here. I don't take too kindly to threadjackers...especially those who like throwing monkeywrenches up in MY program. That's all I ask...thanks in advance--to those who just read that. ^_^ )

Okay, so let's get started, shall we???

********************************************************************************

First squad up...the San Francisco 49ers.

Outside of the white-on-white, I don't think anyone has ever seen the 49ers even ATTEMPT to go dark mono in any way...and to my knowledge, I don't even think an alternate jersey or set of pants have been developed for the 'Niners that would even hint at a possibility that the 'Niners COULD trot out a dark mono look.

At least not in REALITY, anyway...

...but in the world of Photoshop Phantasies, the 'Niners now have TWO--count them, TWO dark mono looks for your collective eyes to behold!

First up...I present the red version...the San Francisco "bloodclot" look:

SF49ersredmono.jpg

Take a second to let that one sink in before I go to the next one. TRUST ME...YOU'LL NEED TO.

Everyone good?

And now for the other San Fran dark mono look (some of you knew this one was coming)...I call it the "San Francisco GOLD RUSH" look:

SF49ersgoldmono.jpg

(Gold is NOT an easy color to try to replicate in the PS world...but at lest you get the idea.)

Thoughts? What chy'all got???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you all would like a little more DOSAGE, eh?

Okay...I got that.

Remember that stunt the Chicago Bears pulled in '02 (and again in '06) where they went dark mono? Well...here's a dark mono you all better hope we don't ever have the misfortune of seeing coming to life, courtesy of the supposed "monsters of the midway":

CHIbearsorange.jpg

And the fun don't stop there.

Same color scheme, same problem, different team: the Denver Broncos. Yeah...you know, they have this seldom-usee orange jersey that's supposedly only for snowed-out games?

WELL...if they were ever to adapt bottoms to match, I would guess it'd turn out a little...something...like...THIS:

DENbroncosorange.jpg

Shudder the thought, right??? Now THERE'S the Orange Crush re-invented!

Here's something else that might make folks shudder...ESPECIALLY those of you from that place up on the lake in northeast Ohiah. The place that's home to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame...the place that's known for some good rib houses...the place that's home to the team that was known for some time as the "mistake by the lake"? Some people (myself included) wondered if the Cleveland Browns do in face possess brown pants that they just haven't shown the world yet. Some of us also secretly (somewhat) wondered what it might look like if those Cleveland Browns ever DO reveal those rumored brown pants.

Well...if the "doo-doo brown" look ever does come to life, i hope they won't be playing like, well, doo-doo, cuz um uh...yeah:

CLEbronsbrown.jpg

More to come...stay tuned!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Maybe you all would like a little more DOSAGE, eh?

Okay...I got that.

Remember that stunt the Chicago Bears pulled in '02 (and again in '06) where they went dark mono? Well...here's a dark mono you all better hope we don't ever have the misfortune of seeing coming to life, courtesy of the supposed "monsters of the midway":

CHIbearsorange.jpg

And the fun don't stop there.

Same color scheme, same problem, different team: the Denver Broncos. Yeah...you know, they have this seldom-usee orange jersey that's supposedly only for snowed-out games?

WELL...if they were ever to adapt bottoms to match, I would guess it'd turn out a little...something...like...THIS:

DENbroncosorange.jpg

Shudder the thought, right??? Now THERE'S the Orange Crush re-invented!

Here's something else that might make folks shudder...ESPECIALLY those of you from that place up on the lake in northeast Ohiah. The place that's home to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame...the place that's known for some good rib houses...the place that's home to the team that was known for some time as the "mistake by the lake"? Some people (myself included) wondered if the Cleveland Browns do in face possess brown pants that they just haven't shown the world yet. Some of us also secretly (somewhat) wondered what it might look like if those Cleveland Browns ever DO reveal those rumored brown pants.

Well...if the "doo-doo brown" look ever does come to life, i hope they won't be playing like, well, doo-doo, cuz um uh...yeah:

CLEbronsbrown.jpg

More to come...stay tuned!

Keep it coming big bro..keep it coming!!!

Cool, I am looking forward to seeing the rest. My comments on the ones you have done so far:

-The niners' all red is better than I would have thought. Red monochromes are pretty much always horrible, but if this was real, it would be one of the better ones.

-The all gold is just too much for me, I don't think I could handle that one.

-My favorite color is orange, and I can't even handle all the orange on that Bears monochrome.

-Basically the same thing for the Broncos, but they are a little better.

-The Browns one, with either orange or striped socks would be better, but the way you have it isn't as bad as I imagined.

MegatronSig2.jpg

SF49ersgoldmono.jpg

This was my first thought when I saw that one:

41gXVVenRHL._SL150_.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

This totally sucks...

that you are making us wait for the rest of the bunch. Great job so far; I know it sucks changing the colors around, but you have done a great job so far. There are a few I am looking forward to, but I won't tip my hand as to which ones yet.

More, more more!

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

When I first saw the SF all red I actually kind of liked it. The gold on gold on gold is a bit too much. The Browns one could be the best way to have an all brown uni. The bears' set is the only one that I really wouldn't want to see on the field, the others I could bear. But great work on these. Maybe a Packers all yellow?(kidding)

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I never thought very hard about it, but upon seeing it, I actually really like that browns uniform, though it needs white socks. White with two orange stripes, just like the sleeves. Or maybe the throwback brown socks with the stripes.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I never thought very hard about it, but upon seeing it, I actually really like that browns uniform, though it needs white socks. White with two orange stripes, just like the sleeves. Or maybe the throwback brown socks with the stripes.

I am in total, utter, and COMPLETE agreeance with that. But um uh...ain't no helping them damn leggings Mr. Winslow is wearing in this picture here.

It's funny how there have already been requests eh, bucco?

Yeah, it is. Let me just quote myself here for a quick second...this comes from the third paragraph of my intro:

SO...with no further ado--actually, wait...let me back up. Only because I know I'm going to get requests up in here, let me let 'chyall know something right quick...ain't gon BE no need for requests, because I've already made the plan to create dark monos for all NFL teams that currently haven't worn one...with a couple extra surprises thrown in.(And watch...I bet somebody gon' make one anyway, cuz a lot of people don't even bother to READ these intros...rather, they go straight to the pictures. Hope don't nobody get made to look like a dumb&$$ up in here... :D) So sit back and immerse yourself in the world of Monochrome MADNESS up in here!

I'll post up one or two at a time, so stay tuned, cuz your team may just be the next to be outfitted in dark mono...in Bucco_B's world of Photoshop Phantasies!

Just to appease SOME that may be in suspense, there is a certain order I'm going in with this here...the first one who can figure out what that order is will automatically know what team will be displayed next. Let's see who can figure it out first!!!

The all brown Cleveland unis are slick looking. It looks way better than i thought it would. Great job on all of these.

Some I'd like to see:

Chargers Current: All Navy or All Powder Blue

Colts: All Blue

Rams: All Gold

Steelers: All Yellow or All Black

Idk...there's a lot of possible combos haha.

But these look great!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived