NFL Monochrome MADNESS!

tBBP

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, the fave seems to be the "Tampa Bay Cannonballs". (Yeah...ask Torry Holt about what it's like to be hit by a Buccaneer LB, than ask HIM how apt a nickname it'd be. :P ) Surprisingly, not many had much to say bout the total creamsicle...but then. maybe it's because that was the best pic I had to work with (which is a damn shame, being that I'm like the foremost Buccaneer fanatic up in here or something...)

Anyway, I got some more for you all to fawn over here...let's see what comes out of THESE!

It is true the San Diego Chargers (yeah...some of y'all been READY for this one here!!) have busted out a dark mono before...but not in the current guise.

Curious as to how it'd look?

Well, allow Shawne Merriman to show you...

Sdchargersblue.jpg

Actually...I don't think it's that bad!

Oh...I ain't forgot about you Powder Fanatics out there. Allow LT to display the look in all it's powder-and-lightning glory:

Sdchargerspowder.jpg

SHOCKING, huh??? :P

And oh yes..how's about some more "bloodclot beauty"? This one here comes courtesy of the Chefs, as shown by Tony Gonzalez:

KCchiefsred.jpg

(Yes--the [mis]spelling was intentional...maybe only a few people will understand the joke behind that.)

And now we move from THAT dark mono to a much tamer dark mono, courtesy of the Blue Horsemen of Indiana:

INDcoltsblue.jpg

Nice...in a New York Jets "Gang Green" sort of way. (Personal perspective will determine whether that is a good thing or not...)

Stay tuned...there's more to come in the work of Dark Mono!!!

NEXT UP...THE COWBOYD OF "BIG D"

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like the Chargers navy, I'd like to see them use those in a game. Did you put the number on the helmet? I think it looks good. Although I love the powder blue jerseys, the pants are just too much. I don't mind the red Chiefs pants, but it is too much red from head to toe. It's tough to tell about the Colts without a helmet, but I think I would like to see blue pants at home for a game or two. And I think they should bring back blue pants to wear on the road.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

koizim in reference to the Chargers all powder blue uniform: "Skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet!"

:P

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

(Yes--the [mis]spelling was intentional...maybe only a few people will understand the joke behind that.)

Is that Dane Cook? If it is, nice job, buddy.

I think it's from a commercial (SportsCenter, maybe?), where Gonzalez is in a kitchen and trying to catch food thrown at him.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think it's from a commercial (SportsCenter, maybe?), where Gonzalez is in a kitchen and trying to catch food thrown at him.

Snickers commercial where the guy paints the endzone and spells it wrong.

great googly moogly...

Snickers commercial where the guy paints the endzone and spells it wrong.

great googly moogly...

That's what I was thinking of too...

Anyway, I like all of them except the Chiefs. They were never supposed to be all red.

The rest are all very nice. I especially like the navy Chargers and the all blue look for the Colts. Very nice job thus far, can't wait to see more!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I never thought very hard about it, but upon seeing it, I actually really like that browns uniform, though it needs white socks. White with two orange stripes, just like the sleeves. Or maybe the throwback brown socks with the stripes.

I would never think that brown pants would look good on the Browns.

But I think your right with the "throwback socks" this would be a good look.

bucco_b can you photoshop those socks on there?

Maybe it's me...but I think out of the ones I've posted so far, the "cannonball", "doo doo Browns", dark lightning, and bloodclot Chiefs are my personal faves, so far.

SO WHO WANTS MORE MONO???

(Has anyone actually managed to vomit yet??? :puke: )

Well...here's two more for you all to play with.

Couldn't really come up with a catchy mono-themed nickname for this silver-topped navy mono, but hey, I think Julius Jones might just approve of this look here:

DALcowboysnavy-1.jpg

Couldn't come up with a nickname for this one here, either...but, since they wanna go faux throwback, why not go all the way (into the mono) with it?!?!?

DALcowboysthrowbacknavy-1.jpg

Ooh...looka there!

Stay tuned...more to come, including the "silver star" look, as well as the Mammals from down by "Coral" Gables...

(there's a hidden clue in that line somewhere...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Cowboys alt looks terrible with navy pants. The regular blues are a little more bearable, but are not anywhere good. Keep on with the great work, the coral Dolphins pants should be interesting.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The retro all blue is something awful, but the top one is actually bearable, although I don't think they would ever so that. At least I hope not. Keep up the good work man, the fins should be very interesting to see.

I also thought your statement "Who wants some more mono?" was quite funny :D

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived