San Diego Chargers

Ben5

I did this concept a few weeks ago, but I didn't get around to posting it. I figure today is as good of a day as any.

As you can see, powder blue is the primary. The jerseys are very similar to what they have now; one big exception is the pant bolt is straight. C&C is welcome.

chargers.png

If you're going to do a powder-blue-dominant concept with the Chargers, at least change the facemask to powder blue. That's one of my small gripes when they wear the powder blues right now: The fact that the navy facemask kinda throws off the powder-blue flow.

Other than that, even though I happen to be one of the rare members of this board that prefers the curved bolt, I like this concept. Good job.

it looks good except the facemask needs to be powderblue like the guy above me said, and there needs to be numbers on the helmets. Their helmets just do not look right if they are white and there's no number. Otherwise it looks good.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

It's got a lot of good things going for it, but you still have the bolt on different colored backgrounds. I would just always put it on white (making the light blue stripe on the white jersey and pants unnecessary). That, to me, is the biggest problem with the current Chargers' uniforms. You didn't solve it.

It's got a lot of good things going for it, but you still have the bolt on different colored backgrounds. I would just always put it on white (making the light blue stripe on the white jersey and pants unnecessary). That, to me, is the biggest problem with the current Chargers' uniforms. You didn't solve it.

Really? I like the fact that the bolt is on a color different from that of the jersey. I guess I see it like the Colts' shoulder stripes. The stripes change color depending on the jersey, so why not the bolt background?

Yea. that's the only thing I have to point out too... It'll be hard though cause you can ether do it like there former unis and make all the bolts be on a (poweder) blue background (But you'd have to find away to do it to the helmet too). Or all of em on white backgrounds... idk.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Really? I like the fact that the bolt is on a color different from that of the jersey. I guess I see it like the Colts' shoulder stripes. The stripes change color depending on the jersey, so why not the bolt background?

That logic would only work if the bolt was changing color. It's not.

I am complaining about the same thing that many others have complained about before (but they were talking about the Chargers' actual uniforms and not this concept). It looks dumb to have the bolt on the helmet (a white background) but then to have a blue stripe behind the bolt on the white jersey. It's just not consistent. The Chargers' old uniforms were consistent (bolt always on navy) and looked very sharp because of it.

the more i look at it, the more the powder blue looks like a sick neon teal color....bring it to more blue and it will look better

a few shades lighter than the dan fouts era blue

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

• 5 years later...

My gripe, and it is a peeve of mine, is the unecessary color stipe that surrounds the bolt. The best Chargers uniforms are the ones that abandoned the color (or white) block of color surrounding the bolt and just let the lightning bolt stand on its own.

Archived