Devils moving?

jkrdevil

There's is a big rumor going around that the New Jersey Devils will be moving out of the Meadowlands. They will not be going to Brooklyn to with the Nets however. There is a rumor going around that a memo was sent to the Devils saying that the new arena in Newark, New Jersey was approved. Apparently Stan Fischler (the hockey maven), said something about this memo, and qouted it during tonights game. Although I did not see it because I had a hockey game. Maybe some of the few people who live in this area might have caught the game and have more information.

I think is ironic that the Arena that the Devils and Nets were so desperately seeking gets approved after the Nets announce thier plans to move to Brooklyn. As for the Devils it's been a good week, becuase also today it was announced that thier games will be aired on New York's #1 Sports radio station WFAN.

It looks like NHL hockey will be staying in NJ for a long while. Not that it was rumored to be moving somewhere.

Newark could be.... tricky...

Scenario 1 - Devils move to Newark, the city enjoys a renaissance much like Cleveland, all is well

Scenerio 2 - Devils move to Newark, and Newark remains the way it is now, no one goes to the games, Devils move to Moose Factory, ON.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Devils need a new arena, and deserve a new arena. If it was in Newark I know I would go, I go to several Newark Bears games.

I think if they move to Newark things will get better here.

However I dont care where its built as long as it is the Devils need to stay in Jersye 3 cups is quite a legacy and they can only expect to expand their fan base with a new arena in a doiwntown location, even if its Hoboken.

Just as long as the stay in Jersey.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Scenerio 2 - Devils move to Newark, and Newark remains the way it is now, no one goes to the games, Devils move to Moose Factory, ON.....

Ahh yes, Moose Factory, Ontario.  Hometown of Sharks phenom Jonathan Cheechoo!  He wears a great number on his jersey too!!!

02_03Sharks10.jpg

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

All in all it makes a strange kind of sense...YankeeNets can't seem to get the state to commit to a new arena...so they pack up the Nets to show the state just how serious they are.  The state thought Selig and co. was bluffing...now they can't afford to make that mistake again (as I'm sure quite a few citizens of New Jersey would be out for blood if both teams left)...and are more than happy to cooperate.  Its sad that the Nets had to be the sacrificial lamb...but at the same time I agree that out of the two (Nets/Devils) the Nets were expendable.

agreed, The devils do need a new arena, as far as can be told from T.V. viewing. Especially since they have consistantly been one of the top teams in the NHL over the last 10 years.

However, if they were to move to Moose Factory, they'd still have better attendance thatn CAR, NSH and a few other teams. :laugh:

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Article in todays Star Ledger says a deal could be announced Monday for an arena in Newark which will cost aroun $300 Million, $210 which will come from the Port Authority for the renaming of Newark Airport.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If they can get through the red-tape in Brooklyn. They are not part of the negotiations for the new arena. Although it won't be a hockey only place, because Seton Hall basketball may be played thier.

Last I heard was that Newark would pay about 210 million, with the Devils paying the rest.

Noting the Devils position right near MSG, and the proximity of the Islanders and Flyers, I know where I want the Devils and their boring, trap hockey to move!

CONTRACTIONVILLE!

Or Gary, Indiana :D

Hey thats were I was born....

Owner of CC Louisville Fantasy Athletics.

pacer.gif

ind2-sm.gifreds2-sm.gifind1-sm.gifindiana1-sm.gifmiami-sm.gif

Noting the Devils position right near MSG, and the proximity of the Islanders and Flyers, I know where I want the Devils and their boring, trap hockey to move!

CONTRACTIONVILLE!

I find it interesting that your complaining about the trap, when your favorite team was the one who brought it in the NHL, and your favorite team plays it today. I find that hypocritical.

I think someone is jealous of the Devils being the cup champions

Archived