Lee.

CCSLC Loveline

Funky Bunky    162

would it take someone reminding you to realize that that is when it happened?

Yes, it's just another school mass-murder. Do you remember the date of Columbine or Virginia Tech?

Also, I find it funny that your location is "not to be disclosed", when your pretty open about it anyways.

Yes, it's just another school mass-murder. Do you remember the date of Columbine or Virginia Tech?

4/20/1999

4/16/2007 (in fairness, 4/16 is one of my brother's birthdays, so that's very easy to remember)

#ThatGuy

Mings    577

:censored:ed up :censored: #738: I had a sex dream about the ex who told me she'd never get married then married the guy after me last night.

Also screw trying to find someone right now. I'm in casual dating mode now.

fouhy12    232

Also, I find it funny that your location is "not to be disclosed", when your pretty open about it anyways.

The not to be disclosed part is a joke from another thread.

I don't remember the dates of those shootings, but I don't live in either place. I was wondering how Newtown appeared from another point of view because I know that the date 12/14 will forever be in my memory.

crashcarson15    1,010

I remember the date of Columbine solely because I chastise people for being all "420 SMOKE WEED" instead of looking at the failure of our society to adequately respond to Columbine.

WNDUP FX    6

Bit of an update on the girl I mentioned here. I told her that I'd like to stay on good terms, she thought maybe we should take a few weeks to let things settle (we weren't even dating as of recent, btw). Less than two weeks later she messaged me regarding one of my Instagram photos (I'd had her on there since we started seeing each other back in April and didn't bother unfollowing).

We've been talking for almost a week now, still no mention of the boyfriend. I've been trying to keep it light, making a point of leaving my phone at home now when I go out and responding to her texts when I get a chance. Seems to be working so far.

Bucfan56    3,825

... dem bitches.

So... you're single, right?

:P

Sorry Mockba, I'm straight :upside:

Mings    577

That's precisely why I don't add girls I am dating to Facebook. I'll stalk the :censored: out of it.

I just went to a wedding with absolutely no single women present and where I'm only friends with the bride and knew no one else. Nothing like Indiana and that situation to remind you of all your insecurities and fears of never finding someone, even when it isn't longer your focus.

At least I got to see one of my best friends get married.

Buc    497

Look at it this way, Josh...you could be trapped inside a big black Peterbilt rolling roughshod through torrential rains, flash floods, ankle-deep bentonite mud, and fog so thick you can't see 15 feet in front of you (among other things), with your sole chance of meeting [anything close to] half-decent chicks being the few times you get to pull up into a Flying J or TA on a 34-hour restart to eat an actual real meal at a Denny's or Country Pride restaurant.

Oh wait...

Look at it this way, Josh...you could be trapped inside a big black Peterbilt rolling roughshod through torrential rains, flash floods, ankle-deep bentonite mud, and fog so thick you can't see 15 feet in front of you (among other things), with your sole chance of meeting [anything close to] half-decent chicks being the few times you get to pull up into a Flying J or TA on a 34-hour restart to eat an actual real meal at a Denny's or Country Pride restaurant.

Oh wait...

I don't know if it makes you feel better or worse, but the USA Today headline the other day was about "Biblical" rain in CO. If I'm going through crap, I'd at least like it to be for something memorable rather than some rinky dink little storm.

How are the new hours of service regs treating you? Were you still driving the BBP when they went into effect in June?

Buc    497

I was actually working a local job then (the one I originally parked the BBP for in the first place), but they still affected us on that side, in fact even worse. (By the way, it was 1 July those new rules went into effect.) To sum up my feelings on the new HOS regs: they some bull$#*!.

And, I didn't know at the time what was going on, but that "biblical" rainstorm you mentioned--yeah, guess who got caught in that pretty much all Wednesday and Thursday this week? Even flooded out parts of Cheyenne, where I just happened to be parked Thursday night.

Gotta love this life sometimes...

/sarcasm

sc49erfan15    896

I really, really like to drive. Sometimes I think I'd like life as a truck driver. Then stories from Buc and my dad kind of slap me back to reality.

Buc    497

The truly crazy thing is that this actually can be an enjoyable profession. The thing I like about it is all the traveling and sightseeing--that's really the main allure. I just spent all day yesterday and half of today touring all through back-country Wyoming--started out about 50 miles due east of Yellowstone, and drove the back roads all the way out of there. This after traversing Colorado northeast to southwest, into Utah (barely missing the Four Corners in the process, by like 20 or 30 miles), back into Colorado and then up into Wyoming. I done seen Washington state, and some places I'd have never seen otherwise. I don't even mind the work--comes with the territory of the flatbed business. The issue comes with the bureaucratic over-regulation on our industry, mostly from suits who ain't never drove a truck a day in their life. And even that wouldn't be such an issue if I had another avenue into which to release my stress from this business--which I don't, which is why it oftentimes ends up coming out through here.

And that there is the key thing.

To really survive and stay happy (or at least sane) in thia business, you need a good, strong support system, be it family, or for most drivers, the love and devotion of their wife/girlfriend/significant other back on the homefront. That's exactly what I haven't had my entire time doing this, and really even during my last year or two on active duty (and now I ain't even got a home no more). How I've managed to survive this long by my gotdern self, especially these past two-plus years I been trucking, is completely beyond me, but trust me--more than a couple times, it could've very easily been the exact opposite.

Moral of the story: even the toughest of situations can be conquered so long as you have that support behind you. Without it, even the weakest of situations can end up conquering you. On that, I speak from experience.

WNDUP FX    6

Wasn't stalking her, I've been sick with that bug that's going around and hadn't checked my messages, when her picture popped up.

I did ask her out, she said "sure". I'm wondering if should ask over to my place to watch a movie and maker her dinner, since she had suggested that before all that boyfriend stuff or just be casual and go for coffee or beers.

I was actually working a local job then (the one I originally parked the BBP for in the first place), but they still affected us on that side, in fact even worse. (By the way, it was 1 July those new rules went into effect.) To sum up my feelings on the new HOS regs: they some bull$#*!.

And, I didn't know at the time what was going on, but that "biblical" rainstorm you mentioned--yeah, guess who got caught in that pretty much all Wednesday and Thursday this week? Even flooded out parts of Cheyenne, where I just happened to be parked Thursday night.

Gotta love this life sometimes...

/sarcasm

One of those J months. :wacko:

Yeah, I'm a local guy and the 30 minute break really sucked ass. Didn't do a damn thing except ensure that you would be 30 minutes tired-er on the way back to the terminal. I don't know when you took out the Peterbilt again, but they "clarified" the break rule... I think it's if you go less than 150 air mile radius from the terminal, you don't have to do the break anymore. The only change is the 1 AM to 5 AM thing for the restart, which never really applied to me in the first place anyway. Good luck out there.

I really, really like to drive. Sometimes I think I'd like life as a truck driver. Then stories from Buc and my dad kind of slap me back to reality.

I only see a microcosm of what Buc sees since I'm a local delivery guy who has done the same route for a long time, but I think it's mostly the same. 99% of the time you're cruising along in your giant truck. You're king of the road. "Radar Love" is playing. Life is great. But it's that 1%... when stuff starts to go wrong, it makes you wanna rip your hair out. I've been picking up some extra shifts on Saturdays, so I've been seeing different areas around here. I did a rural Allegany County route a few weeks ago... 35 stops instead of 150 stops I'd be doing in one of the first-ring suburbs. Sweet, I thought. And it was pretty sweet... saw some cool scenery, bought some corn from one of those little unattended roadside stands, cows, horses, Amish people... but there were also two bridges permanently closed that my directions didn't know about and one road that washed out into the creek. That don't happen in the suburbs.

Mings    577

Oh wait...

You are definitely right on that Buc. I know part of the :censored: I'm going through is feeling that life has stalled, especially after a 10 year period where I worked steadily to a major goal. The next one is to get licensed, but that depends completely on getting the right amount of hours in the correct categories at work (the exams I can control with studying right for them). I have some pretty good friends around now, but when work has you unhappy and everyone always tells you how much of a great guy you are, you really start to wonder what the :censored: is so wrong with you that no one has wanted more than three dates with you since 2009.

dbadefense1990    368

... dem bitches.

So... you're single, right?

:P

Sorry Mockba, I'm straight :upside:

So you're not a Penguins fan.