MLS Rebrand: Arsenal Colorado

heernumurr

i had some fun doing my New York rebrand so i decided to look at other teams in the MLS. i read about Colorado and their link with the Premier League's Arsenal and thought it would be cool to imagine what i would have done if they had changed identity and went with the name Arsenal Colorado (check it out on wikipedia.)

i thought about changing the team's main colour to red, but didnt because A ) i think the current Colorado colours are an attempt to associate with the burgundy shirts of Arsenal's last year at Highbury, and B ) i like the connection to the colours of the Avalanche.

Decided to go with a kind of collage of Arsenal and Rapids imagery. i used the mountain idea from the original rapids logo, i felt it was clearer and more recognisable than what they have now, and looks better on a crest. the canon seems to me that it could be used as a worldwide brand, so i included that as the main reference to England's Arsenal. i also tried to simplify the crest, as the one Colorado use at the minute seems to have about 6 outlines, padding out the shape.

for the shirts ive used the same adidas template i made for my New York rebrand, as i thought the simpler the better, and let the colours speak for themselves. however, i did include some darker print detailing on the bottom of the shirts, hopefully to add a little complexity and break up the large blocks of colours.

anyway, enough of me talking, check these out and leave some much appreciated C&C!

coloradosheet.png

First things first, I think for your template you NEED to have shorts.

But other than that, as Arsenal is my favorite team, I'm digging these. The one thing that really bothers me and I know Adidas sponsors MLS, but Arsenal is sponsored by Nike, so shouldn't you have a Nike uniform? Don't know much about sponsors so yeah. Personally, I would've liked to see more of a connection to Arsenal in the uniforms, not just the logo. I think the famous red, white sleeves could be used here. Maybe burgundy body and white sleeves, something like that?

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

It looks good, but I agree with Gordie that a different Cannon, or something else should be used to still tie it with Arsenal, yet have its own identity. I also don't really like how there's a little bit of the light blue peaking out on the side of the crest.

I like chesnutz's idea of having white sleeves on the home shirt, but I also think it could look awkward on the adidas template. So the jersey's look really nice. Would love to see the shorts though.

Nice work, overall I like it.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I didn't know about the partnership between the Gunners and the Rapids so when I readed the topic I thought about another boring crossover concept. But when I seen it I've been positively surprised. I think it is very well done however, as mentioned before, you need to work out on that cannon to give them a most unique identity. Why not going for a 3D prospective?

Also I suggest you to work out on the design of the uniform instead of using a real adidas template.

As somebody said you really need to make the shorts because as it is this concept seems cutted out.

I like the idea and I think it is very well done but their are a few little things I think you can do to make it better. I would eliminate the light blue peaking out the sides of the crest as well as make the crest thinner so that it's shape is more like Arsenals. Also one thing I like about Arsenals jerseys are the small cannons on the back of the neck. That is one of the small details I think you could add so that while the two are related in small ways like that the main identity is unique.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

THREADJACK!

Thanks to williamrhys for the inspiration :D. A couple of notes on my concept: I've used the Redcurrant color used by the Highbury Commemorative Kit; I've also used Meta for the typeface in the crest, which is the typeface Arsenal uses aside from their wordmark. The cannon is an adaptation of the 1930s FA Cup final kit crest worn by Arsenal, but is a new and unique cannon.

ArsenalColorado.png

OD_Signature.jpg

hey peeps thanks for the feedback so far! normally im useless at changing stuff cuz of C&C, but there seem to be a lot of things that could be fixed. using gordie as inspiration... :P nah, seriously im totally gonna steal some ideas from your concept cuz it looks really nice!

stay tuned for an update/complete overhaul!

this is my second attempt at rebranding colorado, check out the original idea here.

there was a lot of great C&C given for the first concept and ive tried to apply as many of those ideas as possible. so the main changes mentioned were:

- the canon: a few people suggested changing the canon to give colorado more of a unique identity. a more 3D approach was mentioned, so i gave that a go. im really pleased with the results, but it didnt work with the original crest, so i had to lose the rocky mountain imagery. i really would have liked to keep it, as it screamed "colorado" to me, but i had to go with what i thought looked best for the overall identity.

- nike sponsorship: in the first concept i went with the global MLS sponsorship by adidas, but nike seems to be more in keeping with the arsenal brand, so its resulted in simpler shirts, but gave me the opportunity to do the white sleeves without the three stripes getting in the way.

- shorts: yay shorts! everyone wanted to see them, so here they are avec socks for the complete kit package.

thanks to gordie for his ideas, you'll notice the ones i completely ripped off, but its all for a good cause! :D

coloradosheet2.png

Here's a big update in the right direction. I really do like how you worked out with that cannon. It's different but still recognizable with a Gunners link. The first badge was much better, though. I think you should find a way to incorporate the new cannon with the old shield. Try to post it anyway, so we can sort it out some tips.

I like the way you've been for the jersey and shorts, finally! :D

heres a few different crests a tried out, with the mountains and the new canon. im still not sure, i think the 2D of the mountains with with 3D of the canon looks a little strange, but i'll let you decide for yourself. im gonna wrap up this concept pretty soon, with one more update for the finished logo, so tell me which you like and any further changes i can try.

coloradologosheet.png

You're really on to something here.

I think you either have to use the same basic shield shape for the crest, or a completely new shape. Using the wider shield makes it look like that cheap knockoff merchanside you can get on the sidewalk outside Ashburton Grove.

Love the claret shirt with white sleeves. Instantly identifiable as Arsenal, but also its own identity.

I like the overlap too, just my opinion.

I like the 3D mountains more though. Some idiots might not know what those maroon blobs are in the back, and the white highlights make them look more like mountains IMO.

Leave the kits though, they look great.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived