Darts Animated Intros

Davidson

so im doing some work for sky sports here in the uk for the pdc darts world championship.

they are just little 15 second animations for each of the players intros but i thought they might

be of interest because they are (in a way) sports related and they all have their own animated

logo. each of the guys has a sort of moniker (some clever, some just plain bizarre) and so we

are trying to represent this in each of these intros. its all just for a bit of a laugh. and as you

can tell they are very much tongue in cheek take-offs of wrestling intros. (music added for effect,

not going to be on them). there are a few wooden performances, but they are darts players and

not actors.

see what you think. there are 8 in all, ill post them as they get rendered.

fd

Phil 'The Power' Taylor

Terry 'The Bull' Jenkins

John 'Darth Maple' Part

Peter 'One Dart' Manley

Raymond' Barney' Van Barneveld

Really nice Fraser, Like the Phil Taylor one, are you doing one for Mardle imagine you could go whacky with that to match his personality.

Are you doing any for the premier league Darts?

logo.png

Really nice Fraser, Like the Phil Taylor one, are you doing one for Mardle imagine you could go whacky with that to match his personality.

Are you doing any for the premier league Darts?

this is premier league darts mate.

doing the following:

taylor 'the power'

jenkins 'the bull'

part 'darth maple'

van barneveld 'barney'

wade 'the blade'

manley 'one dart'

lewis 'jackpot'

mardle 'hawaii 501'

havnt green screened lewis and mardle yet tho.

Very nice work Davidson. Although you should have captured them doing their 'walk-on', they are hilarious.

P.S. What is the music? Can't for the life of me put a name to the song.

well that was kind of the idea. unfortunately you dont have too much space on a green stage

and its quite difficult to replicate the same reaction from players if they have to imaging the

environment. so we went for sombre/ moody. its easier to act.

music is ac/dc - back in black.

Very nice work Davidson. Although you should have captured them doing their 'walk-on', they are hilarious.

P.S. What is the music? Can't for the life of me put a name to the song.

well that was kind of the idea. unfortunately you dont have too much space on a green stage

and its quite difficult to replicate the same reaction from players if they have to imaging the

environment. so we went for sombre/ moody. its easier to act.

music is ac/dc - back in black.

Any interesting stories from the screenings. And did sky give you a brief for each one or can you do what you want

logo.png

well, im probably not really supposed to post them in reality,

im sure its not a problem, and i would have done once they were finished

but i had some free time today and thought why not.

sky are free and easy and up for anything really. awesome bunch of guys,

no specific brief, we just winged it and had a few thoughts for the players and

saw if they wanted to do anything in particular.

i was only there for a day. but i met part, barneveld, taylor and jenkins.

all seemed pretty cool. no stories really.

taylor 'the power'

jenkins 'the bull'

part 'darth maple'

van barneveld 'barney'

wade 'the blade'

manley 'one dart'

lewis 'jackpot'

mardle 'hawaii 501'

Maybe I should take up darts so I could get a sweet nickname like that.

That's not exactly how wrestling intros are (most of them nowadays are just highlights), but I think it's a good comparison. Anyway, the intros were really cool, and it almost makes darts look hardcore.

Cool intro vids man! I like the fact that you had actions and hints as to the nickname. Like the "Bull" snorting and "Maple" shooting a "Light Dart!" Those were great!!!

Keep up the awesome work!

Kyle

packchampionslfroh.png

Like Manley's one dart logo. did your guys come up with them to.?

i designed all the logos. its quite cool actually. some of the players look like they might take them on.

That would be ace if they take them on, also seeing your work being displayed in arenas like the MEN and the new Echo arena would be awesome. Did you use photoshop or illustrator to do them in?

logo.png

Those were better than some of the :censored:e that's put on the games here in the states by NBC, Fox, CBS, ESPN, etc. I really wished that you could do this here in America 'cause it would definitely enhance watching games here. I really liked "The Bull", especially with the steam coming outta his nose. Brilliams!!!

dodgers-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived