Logo Tattoos

Discogod

I got that right away.

But man, that's cool. I could go for that.

Really?

I mean, I don't think it even looks that good in the first place. Second of all, there'd be maybe 5 people you ever encountered who would even know what you were talking about when you told them what it was, and they'd all give you a look like you're crazy (I know some people have ones that tehy don't want anyone knowing what they are, but this is way out there...) Finally, if you want a Met tattoo, they have an incredible logo to work with (even just using a part of it), hell, you could get an actual Shea Stadium tattoo (people would know THAT), or even something like the Apple or the "NY" or Mr. Met or SOMETHING.

But the old shingles?

Not for me...(then again, nothing is tattoo wise for me so...)

Major props on the uniqueness factor though--I can't argue there...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tattoos aren't for other people, they are for you, and only you.

If someone gets one to be "cool" then they (IMO) are getting them for the wrong reasons and are going to regret the decision eventually. I won't chastise them because its their choice and their body however.

If they get them to tell a story about themselves, or serve as a reminder of where they were, or who they were/are, then that's what its all about.

If someone wants to get barbwire, a tribal band, or the patriots logo tattooed on their head, its how they express themselves.

The difference between people with tattoos and people without is that I don't care that you don't have one.

Hey, I have a tattoo of a 50s chrome toaster on one shoulder and a Rorschach inkblot on the other. So maybe you oughta take my own inky opinion with a grain of salt.

Those Shea shingles are an interesting visual design with a cool underlying backstory. Even if you don't know what they represent, they're striking. If you do know the source, they're sublime.

That for me is so much more interesting than using the same team logo that anybody else could and does.

If someone gets one to be "cool" then they (IMO) are getting them for the wrong reasons and are going to regret the decision eventually. I won't chastise them because its their choice and their body however.

If they get them to tell a story about themselves, or serve as a reminder of where they were, or who they were/are, then that's what its all about.

If someone wants to get barbwire, a tribal band, or the patriots logo tattooed on their head, its how they express themselves.

The difference between people with tattoos and people without is that I don't care that you don't have one.

I saw that bumpersticker too.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Somebody has a tribal tatoo... Either that or, uh you know...

I don't and I'm not.

Anyways, one of my all-time favorites. Not mine.

28021033qo7.jpg

Seems Patsox has made the jump over to the body art industry.

You win!

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I saw that bumpersticker too.

Good, you know where I got it.

I don't and I'm not.

28021033qo7.jpg

Needs stripes.

Indeed.

Sigs are for sissies.

I'd like to get a logo, most likely the Pirates P logo, but I plan on being a teacher after graduation and the schools might not like that.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

I'd like to get a logo, most likely the Pirates P logo, but I plan on being a teacher after graduation and the schools might not like that.

Two things - First off, I know several teachers that have tattoos (in fact, I know a heavily tattoo'd principal), second, that's why I got mine on my calf/lower leg, as opposed to my forearm (or the side of my head :P ) - I can always wear pants instead of shorts if I need to dress-up, and people never need to know about/see my tat...

Moose

That's what my mates done. I think. Either that or he really likes crappy looking designs featuring playing cards, flames and other thigns he saw on the shop wall a minute before he got them done.

I'm gonna get a few tatts when i'm 18 in a few months. Nothing big, just a few things that mean something to me and maybe a southern cross on my forearm.

Nords, I don't think theyre xxjdm's tatts, i think he saw them on a website.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I don't and I'm not.

28021033qo7.jpg

Needs stripes.

and a black alternate

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Here are some MLS tattoos from Big Soccer members.

croppedtatre6.jpg

imagebf7.jpg

Geez, how much did these things run you? Are you planning to get every MLS team on your body?

Those aren't all his. Only the Houston one.

Which explains the LA Galaxy logo in his sig.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived