Michigan in adidas

Vicious

so michigan signed an 8 year contract with adidas last year, and this is the first year it is in effect. i wonder what they are going to do with the football jerseys. they will most likely be subtle. there will be no piping on the away anymore, which i kind of liked.

i think they could do something sweet with the bland basketball jerseys. although the maize ones are real sweet.

your thoughts on what adidas should do?

Picture21.png

so michigan signed an 8 year contract with adidas last year, and this is the first year it is in effect. i wonder what they are going to do with the football jerseys. they will most likely be subtle. there will be no piping on the away anymore, which i kind of liked.

i think they could do something sweet with the bland basketball jerseys. although the maize ones are real sweet.

your thoughts on what adidas should do?

Stick with tradition. The piping will go, that's a Nike trademark. I can imagine solid navy jerseys with block maize lettering, little maize adidas logo below the collar, and that's it. Solid maize pants, blue socks, black shoes.

I think Michigan and Adidas will work well together.

New uniforms for a new coach in a new(ly redesigned) stadium with all new players. Could be great, could be a disaster!

• 2 weeks later...

The Adidas gear must be close to coming in. I see the MDen is selling the Nike gear cheap. They've got the authentic jerseys for $75...tackle twill for $38...and replica for $28. I may have to pick up the white one.

As far as changes go, I would think Adidas would do nothing to overhaul the home blue. I bet the yellow piping goes on the road whites. I'd really like to see blue pants with the road set and that is coming from an old, traditionalist (and UM alumni) like myself.

The Adidas gear must be close to coming in. I see the MDen is selling the Nike gear cheap. They've got the authentic jerseys for $75...tackle twill for $38...and replica for $28. I may have to pick up the white one.

I'm with you, I've been meaning to get a Wolverines jersey, and this may be the time.

• 2 weeks later...
Nike seems to losing a lot of colleges to other companies, such as; Hawaii and Utah to Under Armour, Michigan to Adidas.

If you know some put them up. Cause either Nike is not trying very hard to keep thew schools or they are going to do some big to change the ones they currently have.

I don't think that it was Nike's idea to lose Michigan... I think it was purely a financial move. Adidas promised Michigan that no school would ever be paid more than Michigan as long as they are under Adidas... As big of a Nike fan I am, I don't think that even I could turn that down....

Cause either Nike is not trying very hard to keep thew schools or they are going to do some big to change the ones they currently have.

How about that they are not getting a return on their investment? Or that schools assume that someone will pay what they think they are worth?

yeah, nike has really good jerseys fitting wise.

The Nike jerseys do look more fitted. When I looked through the book "Warrior Football" Hawaii's old Reebok jerseys looked way looser than their more recent Nike jersey. I have an authentic Nike game jersey and the large size feels like a small. I guess less material to grab at for the defense.

Nike seems to losing a lot of colleges to other companies, such as; Hawaii and Utah to Under Armour, Michigan to Adidas.

If you know some put them up. Cause either Nike is not trying very hard to keep thew schools or they are going to do some big to change the ones they currently have.

Not to go off topic, but is it official that Hawaii has signed with Under Armour? Haven't heard anything here yet. As far as I know Nike did a whole lot more than Reebok for Hawaii merchandise-wise. Maybe Under Armour offered Hawaii extra $$$ to fix...better yet...upgrade their facilities.

I read that Hawaii left Nike because Nike spends too much time and effort on some select schools, while ignoring those without big-name status and publicity. So a smaller (or up-and-coming) company like adidas or UnderArmour will focus more attention and resources to a school, catering a plan individual to them, rather than using a style copied from someone else.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived