CCSLC Logo Correction Thread

rmackman

Here's what the CCSLC library has it pictured as:

869.gif

Since it's kinda grainy and faded, I was wondering if anyone could use this photo and create a better version for the library to use:

2332A_DOLPHINS_detail.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miami_Dolphins_66_logo_2.gif

This guy has a ton of cleaner logos. I've submitted em to the site before but Chris hasn't used them. I'm gonna try contacting the site owner about using them for the site because they really are great IMO.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

To be totally accurate, the Dolphins logo (at least on the helmet) changed around 1990 from the one pictured above to the one in the picture below...the dolphin became slightly more elongated, notice how the tail is completely below the sun, and the nose portrudes further.

marino.jpg

To be totally accurate, the Dolphins logo (at least on the helmet) changed around 1990 from the one pictured above to the one in the picture below...the dolphin became slightly more elongated, notice how the tail is completely below the sun, and the nose portrudes further.

marino.jpg

I'm assuming that pic is from the Thanksgiving game against Dallas in '93? Weird that Marino's jersey is missing the NFL shield...

And if that pic isn't a testament to why they need to bring back the aqua pants... Man those are just beautiful.

Nope that picture is from a Divisional Playoff Game in 1990 at Buffalo (Notice the 25th Anniversary Patch)

Dan Marino didn't play 1993 in Dallas he was on IR with the torn Achilles.

BTW the new high quality Dolphin logo has replaced the yucky one. When Chris was adding old logos way back when he hadto do the best with what he had, and that yucky on was something I scanned off something.

http://www.sportslogos.net/dev2/team.php?id=150

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Then, there's THIS version:

MiamiDolphins_PRM_1990-1996_SOL_SRG.gif

It was taken from the Dolphins' Classic Throwback file...only I recolored it to reflect the Pantones used between 1990 and 1996. The Classic Throwbacks used the current color scheme.

Maybe we should create a thread specifically for logo corrections? That way over time we can make sure that CCSLC has the best logo representations? Just a thought?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Then, there's THIS version:

MiamiDolphins_PRM_1990-1996_SOL_SRG.gif

It was taken from the Dolphins' Classic Throwback file...only I recolored it to reflect the Pantones used between 1990 and 1996. The Classic Throwbacks used the current color scheme.

I do believe that is the elongated one on the helmet from the picture above that Tank was talking about.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Miami_Dolphins_66_logo_2.gif

This guy has a ton of cleaner logos. I've submitted em to the site before but Chris hasn't used them. I'm gonna try contacting the site owner about using them for the site because they really are great IMO.

This looks like something run through VectorMagic. It doesn't match the original graphic posted. Pay special attention to the M on the helmet. The corners are too rounded off. Also look at the tail. There is a sharp corner in the left side where on the others posted, it is a smooth curve. There are other discrepancies, but those are the main ones. IDK guys, I think cleaned up logos need to be scrutinized more before replacing source images.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Maybe we should create a thread specifically for logo corrections? That way over time we can make sure that CCSLC has the best logo representations? Just a thought?

That may be a good idea.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That may be a good idea.

Okay this has now been converted! :D If anyone finds a logo that can be made cleaner or better quality, post it here and the mods will be able to have a one stop shop to find the best ways to update their library!

spacer.png

I'm assuming that pic is from the Thanksgiving game against Dallas in '93? Weird that Marino's jersey is missing the NFL shield...

And if that pic isn't a testament to why they need to bring back the aqua pants... Man those are just beautiful.

The Cowboys don't wear their blue jerseys at home, so this is not from that '93 game. I agree that the aqua pants should be brought back, they looked great!

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

fmth_vectorized.png

I'd figure we'd continue with the fish from Miami theme.

What's wrong with it? That the nose isn't rounded off?

spacer.png

fmth_vectorized.png

I'd figure we'd continue with the fish from Miami theme.

What's wrong with it? That the nose isn't rounded off?

Nothing, it's just that it's not on Creamer's, so I made it. It's the teal hat from 93-96. I took the one on the site, did some cleaning up, recolored it, then sent it thourgh VectorMagic(it's a PNG, though).

Just looking at the Mets, I see you have this:

1249.gif

...and I have (thought much smaller) a version that differs in this:

SheaLogo.jpg

And for both the Mets and Yankees, which I didn't see...I have this:

SubwaySeries.jpg

The one on the site isn't with the 2000 World Series Logo...which was used for the World Series edition of the S.S.

Now, I don't know where I found them...long time ago, no idea where, so I'm not sure if you can use them or not (or even want to)....

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived