University of Montana Grizzlies

gordie_delini

Well, my wife decided she wants to go back to school, and she's returning to the University of Montana, where she spent her first term of college. So, we're moving out there, and in my excitement, I've decided to give the old walking grizzly an overhaul. C&C welcomed and appreciated.

CURRENT GRIZZLY (minus the "volleyball" moniker):

MontanaGriz.jpg

My updated version:

FULL MARK:

GrizRedux25full.gif

STANDALONE GRIZZLY:

GrizRedux25.gif

GRIZZLY HEAD:

GrizHead.gif

OD_Signature.jpg

10 out of 10 - Great concept gordie, just a wonderful job. I really love the work on the detail - it's just awesome!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Now this is being picky....but does it need the double outline? I'd take a look with only a single outline.

Otherwise, this is fantastic. A great upgrade that maintains the integrity of the original but is much better suited for reproduction and recognition.

Hanna Montana?

Joe Montegna?

^_^

I like these, Brian. I like these a lot. I think the beauty of yours is that it's not as detailed as the original, which is an improvement.

The only thing, like Pat said, is the use of the double outline on the standalone grizzly. The wordmarked version is okay, because I think it flows, but not so much on the logo itself.

Still, it's awesome. ^_^

philly.png

Fixed the Montana text (moved it up a tad). The reason I went for the double outline on the bear was for the version on the left to incorporate the school colors. When I had the single outline, it didn't feel finished to me. In any case, I've thinned the second outline a little bit on the brown bears, and removed the second outline from the maroon bears, except for on the full mark.

OD_Signature.jpg

i think you should help offset her tuition expenses by officially proposing these to the university...seriously - they are such a HUGE improvement (especially the bear) over what they are currently using, but as mentioned, they are not a drastic departure - this is fantastic work

i would like to see the stand alone and head only with the white outline separating the gray and maroon...i'm not sure i'll like it, but i'd like to see it - i do like it in the version with the wordmark and it seems like adding a small white outline might pull the white used in the teeth and eyes out a little more...

jldesigns404eo.png

Well, my wife decided she wants to go back to school, and she's returning to the University of Montana, where she spent her first term of college. So, we're moving out there, and in my excitement, I've decided to give the old walking grizzly an overhaul. C&C welcomed and appreciated.

My updated version:

FULL MARK:

GrizRedux25full.gif

Perhaps if the chest didn't hang so low it would make the front legs look a little longer. Also, on the left version, you could use red/maroon letters in the word Grizzlies. With a white outline red letters would still stand out. Hopefully it'll still have a pop.

I really like these!

Excellent work!!! I really like the look of this logo. It is a definite upgrade to an already good logo.

colorado.gif

Taking the Big 12 Title!

browns.png

The AFC North is ours!!!

1988KansasJayhawksNCAABB.png

The Best of the Best!!

Home of Champions......Capital High Cougars.....We Gets Busy!

Very nice. The only thing I would change would be the Zs in the new logo. Make them stand out more like in the current logo. I'm not sure why, but I like how that's done.

I was about to post the same thing. It's kind of hokey, but it works very well.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived