Nba jersey-redesign project

Starchild

Well, at last, I've finally decided to post on the same board as a lot of my inspirations... Not trying to brown nose, but as a a guy who's relatively new to graphic design and jersey/logo design (nearing 2 years now), I have to give props to all the work you've done... definitely keeps my interests up and makes me want to continue to grow with graphic design.

Anyway, just some background so everyone knows where I'm coming from... I do basically all my work in photoshop (I've just started using Illustrator again, I just prefer Photoshop) so that's why many of my lines and curves and such aren't crisp. In addition, I've tried focusing more on the jersey design rather than the logo designs.... although in certain cases I feel I've done a good job.

Last but not least, do not treat these as finished products... these are more like fancy sketches... also, they are not complete overhauls, but rather a "redesigning" of sorts as the title states.

Anyway, enough with this stuff, here are the concepts, all feedback is appreciated (be it negative or positive) so please, critique me!

Boston Celtics Home

New York Knicks Home

New York Knicks Road

New York Knicks Logo

LA Lakers Home

LA Lakers Road

Orlando Magic Home

Orlando Magic Road

Orlando Magic Logo

Detroit Pistons Home

Detroit Pistons Logo

Brooklyn Nets Road (simple change)

Thanx a lot... I look forward to all the critiques I get.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Not bad at all. The designs on the unis is very good, as is the Knicks logo. However I am not a fan of the fonts you chose for teh wrodmarks. I think if you chose better fonts it would be perfect.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

However I am not a fan of the fonts you chose for teh wrodmarks. I think if you chose better fonts it would be perfect.

It'd be fine if you used that font for one of them, but yeah, some variety would help.

Welcome here Starchild.

You've done a fine job on most of these. The production quality is quite high considering your using raster.

The logo designs are sharp, although I think the Knicks logo would benefit from some clarity... I'd say drop the whole 'buildings' motif and go with the Statue of Liberty.

I really liked the Pistons logo, combination of the old and new. Very nice.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I am not an NBA fan, but your unis & logos are great.  I like the font change for the Lakers and Celtics.  Nice logos - keep up the good work. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

These jerseys are beautiful

Boston- Made a great first impression. A good update of what they have.

New York- I really sharp sleek design. The logo is a little busy, but not bad. I'd reccomend dropping the silver. Also, don't forget black in the white jerseys, and white in the blue jersey.

Los Angeles L- I know it's a throwback, but I don't like the dropshadowed numbers. The side stripe on the jersey gets too wide at the bottom and won't match the shorts, either. It's not bad, but I think I'd take what they have over this.

Orlando- I absolutely love these. This is the perfect combination of all the jerseys they have ever had. Actually, make that almost perfect. I'd like to see the black as an alt, and a blue jersey as the regular road.

Detroit- Very, very sharp, but not really better than what they currently have. Except maybe the logo, I like that.

Brooklyn- You said simple yourself, so there's not much I can say.

Archived