Colts looking for new horse

sj32

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Each and every one of those look like pure a$$. Terrible designs, color choice is poor, quality is poor....I'm just speechless. I had a design that I sketched but I never got it into Illustrator--didn't have time. And the designs i've seen here are unbelievably better than the so-called 'finalists'.....whoever the jacka$$ is that picked these...just..ahhhhhhhh wtf is going on!!!

I think we should all email the Colts and let them know our displeasure.

Screw that, they made their bed...they need to lay in it, piss and all. This is exactly what they deserve for even coming up with this damn contest in the first place.

Vote #3 or #4!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Dont split the votes! Horse 3 all the way! It looks like a South Park character! Mythical Horse 3!!!!

But number 4 is done in colored pencils, it doesn't even look like they used a ruler when drawing the triangle.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

designahorse04gu9.jpg

They changed #4:

designahorse04ti2.jpg

Fascinating.

Wonder why?

Okay, upon seeing this change, I now firmly believe this is not an actual logo contest. It's a raffle to give money and tickets to a kid. There's no way number four could be taken seriously as a logo at any level of professional sports.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

designahorse03xt6.jpg

that is SPEC-TAC-U-LAR!!!

i am going to vote for that every 5 minutes

i REALLY hope you're kidding. thats the worst one IMO.

Tommy Boy, that's the whole point. Hellooooooo...

I've voted for it 13 times. :)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

This is insulting! I got sucked into this contest and they shun all the talented logo, and use 6th graders drawings? I can see if this was a poster contest and your stuff get to hang at the entrance way, but for an alternate logo? WTF Colts WTF! I almost want to print off 1000 copies of my logo and paste them to the Colts headquarters doors. Show them what an up-and-coming graphic design can do. This change really pisses me off!

I mean really?

Colts_alt.png

versus this?

designahorse04ti2.jpg

Yours was clearly inspired by this redrawn Milwaukee Mustangs logo.

I will continue to vote for #3, thanks.

Also,

designahorse04ti2.jpg

TRACER!!! You can't draw a triangle, but you can draw a pretty good horsie? I call shenanigans.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

ok, so heres is what ive done...

i saved a link on my desktop and i open 50 windows then vote #3 on them all and close all the windows and do it all over again. i plan on spending at least an hour or 2 at work each day this week making at least 1000 votes a day for #3. i'm sure my boss will be glad they are paying me to do this.

I present the Indianapolis Ligers!

footer_helmet.gif

I now have a script running casting one vote every minute for #3. At least I think it's working, it seems to be.

You must share it with us.

It's a PHP script, so you've gotta have somewhere to run it from.

#!/usr/bin/php -q
<?php
$ch = curl_init('http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=2008_designahorse_action');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, 'vote3=1');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_REFERER, 'http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=2008_designahorse');
$resp = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close ($ch);

// echo $resp;
?>

I echoed the response to make sure it was working, which is why it's commented out now. I left it there so you can uncomment it if you want to test.

Hahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha... I love this stuff... not only was there a great discourse on both sides that stayed relatively civil for once with all points brought up in a great debate... the fiasco this has become will unite the boards... although I am really wondering the implications of announcing a finalist then switch it mid vote... i guess you can switch horses midstream... bad joke i know

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived