Colts looking for new horse

sj32

Whatever your opinions on how ethical this contest may or may not be, does anyone else find it odd they have not posted the finalists yet on their website? From what I understand the fans are to vote on it and then they announce a winner at their draft party, which is this Saturday. You'd think they'd give it more than a week for voting(this is like ending Pro Bowl voting before the end of the season... dumb). I'm curious to see what the 5 choices are.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we're all posting ours:

1.) I eagerly await the Top 5, even though my overly complicated logo will probably not be in it.

2.) My favorite so far is Andrewharrington's. Bravo, my friend.

3.) Here is mine, with some vector help from eRay. I actually submitted two that were mostly the same, but I'm at school now and only have the one on Photobucket.

ColtsLogoConceptPNG.png

i just called the colts about the contest and they said that there were so many entrants that they want to give the judges more time. The 26th announcement will probably be pushed back.

Hmm.. I guess that makes sense. You'd have to figure any NFL fan/logo enthusiast or graphic designer within earshot of the planet heard about this and submitted something. There's probably a lot of good ones.

A quick C&C for Shiny. The proportion is defiantly off, the legs seem very short compared to the size of the colts head. The lack of a pupil makes the horse looked dead almost, zombie-like even. Also the shading could have been done better.

I submitted another version with some differences including a pupil. I kind of like it without the pupil because it looks more aggressive. Also the legs are small because of the perspective... the front legs are intentionally short to frame it better than if the legs were full-sized, which would essentially be twice as high as the logo is long.

Anyway I know it won't be picked because conservative Colts fans would only want white and blue and no grey. That would be like the Packers making a logo with an off-green, which just wouldn't fly (except for on this logo).

But thanks for the criticisms. I guess I'll keep these in mind the next time the Colts have a contest to design a horse.

Eww... none of the finalists are very good. They're all too detailed to go with the Colts' straight blue and white look. I mean they are pretty decent illustrations of horses, but they don't work as logos so much. I think everything I've seen posted here has been better than all of them.

Choice #2 is far and away the best choice, but even it needs some tweaking. If they gave the horse black eyes instead of two-tone eyes and got rid of the goofy legs it would be perfect.

I'd imagine that whomever the winner is will get a free makeover - of their design, courtesy of NFL Properties. With the exception of choice #2, none of the other finalists is even close to being NFL-worthy and the New York office will let them know it.

oakqb4.jpg

Those are nice drawings of horses (except for the last one, which is a Broncos rip-off) but they are NOT logos.

Honestly, how could they even put that last one up there? Or is it not really that close and I'm just seeing things?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm pretty pissed at the moment.

I feel the finalists are pretty bad and were not worth the opportunity to win the contest

I felt mine was better than many of the entries.

coltslogo312.jpg

i emailed the colts stating my disappointment with the link to my entry hoping they'd reconsider

feel free to email them yourselves if you feel the same

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=informat...namic&id=83

I'm surprised NFL Properties let a team control its branding like this, especially since it looks like they didn't use artistically inclined judges to get down to the final four.

This could be a fiasco.

Why do I think that all 5 of them were designed by execs, or the family members of execs? <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The least they could have done was offer a diverse selection of styles for the fan vote. There's no representation of anything iconic, anything modern or anything exceptionally progressive. Personally, I think younger kids are drawn toward the slick, edgy logos, and there are none here. There's nothing even representative of the current trends. They're all detailed, illustration-esque pieces, which are very out of date as is, not to mention the fact that these are very poorly executed for the most part. This is really embarrassing for the Colts.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived