*NHA ROUND II 1/2*

Brass

Well, Round II was very interesting, to say the least. For the first time in the tournament, we have a dead tie, 9-9 between the Honolulu Tropicals and the Kansas City Angels. Both designs are great, and as expected, this was a very close matchup. Now what to do? Well, here's the tiebreaker. eRay and lmupepbander, you guys will design a logo for the Cup Finals. You name the Cup whatever you want, and make it look however you want. All you need to do is create a logo for the Finals. The final series of the season between the Eastern and Western Conference champions. The catch though? You have until Thursday, April 3rd at 11:59 PM to design your logo. If you do not post it between now and then, you will be disqualified. We will then vote on it until Saturday, then, Round III will begin with the winner facing the Boise Spuds.

Good luck to you both.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

nice. i tried counting the results earlier today and i had myself losing this matchup, but what you say goes. my system of counting(on my fingers) was weak anyway, so i hope i was wrong. i look forward to this and its a good idea. you will see mine within the next 2 days.

i need some clarifications please:

do we need to make a logo for THIS YEAR'S cup final or a logo in general for the cup finals?

does the NHA have any colors or a logo yet that we should or could use in the logo? (if this is part of another round's challenge just say no, i don't want to ruin any surprises)

and how long ago did the cup finals start theoretically?

thanks.

Well, Round II was very interesting, to say the least. For the first time in the tournament, we have a dead tie, 9-9 between the Honolulu Tropicals and the Kansas City Angels. Both designs are great, and as expected, this was a very close matchup. Now what to do? Well, here's the tiebreaker. eRay and lmupepbander, you guys will design a logo for the Cup Finals. You name the Cup whatever you want, and make it look however you want. All you need to do is create a logo for the Finals. The final series of the season between the Eastern and Western Conference champions. The catch though? You have until Thursday, April 3rd at 11:59 PM to design your logo. If you do not post it between now and then, you will be disqualified. We will then vote on it until Saturday, then, Round III will begin with the winner facing the Boise Spuds.

Good luck to you both.

Oh, of course I would have to go up against one of these two for the next round. Good luck guys.

i need some clarifications please:

do we need to make a logo for THIS YEAR'S cup final or a logo in general for the cup finals?

does the NHA have any colors or a logo yet that we should or could use in the logo? (if this is part of another round's challenge just say no, i don't want to ruin any surprises)

and how long ago did the cup finals start theoretically?

thanks.

That's the challenge: you decide!

what the hell is ccslc?

The NHA Congressional Cup is named as such because the original cup was purchased by some Senators and a member of the House of Representatives who all wanted to help establish the NHA as North America's real professional hockey league. The Final is played each year in a (usually) nuetral rink, and the city is selected 3 years in advance. This year the Final will be played in Boston, which is why the logo features the colors of the host team, the Boston Blades. (credit goes to josh_cat_eyes for selecting the colors and making the identity for the Blades. Also, in reality I used a random number generator to select a random team to host the event). Thank you all for listening.

cong_cup.png

Went with the name "O'Brien Cup," since that was the trophy awarded by the original NHA. Went generic (without dates), to be able to use the logo for several years. Also didn't put any NHA logos to boost the importance of the trophy itself, since NHL Stanley Cup doesn't sound right.

obriencup.png

VmWIn6B.png

The NHA Congressional Cup is named as such because the original cup was purchased by some Senators and a member of the House of Representatives who all wanted to help establish the NHA as North America's real professional hockey league. The Final is played each year in a (usually) nuetral rink, and the city is selected 3 years in advance. This year the Final will be played in Boston, which is why the logo features the colors of the host team, the Boston Blades. (credit goes to josh_cat_eyes for selecting the colors and making the identity for the Blades. Also, in reality I used a random number generator to select a random team to host the event). Thank you all for listening.

cong_cup.png

Thanks for picking me man! It gives me a sence of honor (even though you used a random generator). You deff get my vote though. Although I dont really like the name, the logo is great and the story is aswell!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Went with the name "O'Brien Cup," since that was the trophy awarded by the original NHA. Went generic (without dates), to be able to use the logo for several years. Also didn't put any NHA logos to boost the importance of the trophy itself, since NHL Stanley Cup doesn't sound right.

obriencup.png

I have to say that this one might be tough. I like the name of this cup better but I like logo for the "Congressional Cup" better. Both are pretty good and a great explaination behind them as well.

I found some info on the real "O'Brien Cup" here if anyone is interested.

O

Alright guys, voting is open until Saturday, April 5th at 11:59 PM. Please post the name of the creator of the logo that you like best.

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived