tajmccall

Celebrate Yourself Here

5,840 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, CS85 said:

You and Greg going to meet up now that BASSists share a state?

We're going to try to go to a Leafs - Lightning game this season.

1 person likes this

I'm going to be making my radio debut this Friday from 5:30 to 6:00 ET WMCO 90.7. It's for a class about writing presenting news for radio and television broadcasts. My co-anchor will also be making her debut as well. I'm looking forward to it and think it'll be a lot of fun. 

If you're interested in listening, find WMCO on TuneIn or download the WMCO App. 

20K.jpg

With this post, I become (to my knowledge) CCSLC's only legal two time member of the 20,000 post club. Before we proceed with the...well...whatever this is, there is something that probably needs to be addressed - my two time membership in this exclusive club. Outside a remarkably successful dupe account, (anchor's aweigh!) how does one end up being a two time member of the 20,000 post club? Allow me to explain.

Back before the most recent boards upgrade, I was #9 on the all-time post list with something like 21,000 posts. After the upgrade, my post count dropped back down to around 18,500. Apparently, some of the archived threads didn't make the cut in the upgrade. As a result, I was no longer a member of this esteemed club of prodigious time wasters. Think of it as being like that awful baseball movie with Bernie Mac - except it's really nothing at all like that movie.

If you will indulge me, I'd like to say a few words about this wholly inconsequential achievement. As I retake my place alongside my fellow members of the 20,000 post club, I am reminded that, after hitting 20,000 posts - twice now, I really don't have anything to say. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever had anything to say. But here we are.

Thank you. I'll take your questions now. B)

4 people like this

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

20K.jpg

With this post, I become (to my knowledge) CCSLC's only legal two time member of the 20,000 post club. Before we proceed with the...well...whatever this is, there is something that probably needs to be addressed - my two time membership in this exclusive club. Outside a remarkably successful dupe account, (anchor's aweigh!) how does one end up being a two time member of the 20,000 post club? Allow me to explain.

Back before the most recent boards upgrade, I was #9 on the all-time post list with something like 21,000 posts. After the upgrade, my post count dropped back down to around 18,500. Apparently, some of the archived threads didn't make the cut in the upgrade. As a result, I was no longer a member of this esteemed club of prodigious time wasters. Think of it as being like that awful baseball movie with Bernie Mac - except it's really nothing at all like that movie.

If you will indulge me, I'd like to say a few words about this wholly inconsequential achievement. As I retake my place alongside my fellow members of the 20,000 post club, I am reminded that, after hitting 20,000 posts - twice now, I really don't have anything to say. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever had anything to say. But here we are.

Thank you. I'll take your questions now. B)

What do the sabermetric stats have to say about your tenure on the boards?

Just now, FGM13 said:

What do the sabermetric stats have to say about your tenure on the boards?

Good question. Since Quality Posts, etc., are subjective, it would be bad form for me to run my own numbers. My guess is the numbers would say that I talk a lot but say very little. B)

4 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

I'm going to be making my radio debut this Friday from 5:30 to 6:00 ET WMCO 90.7. It's for a class about writing presenting news for radio and television broadcasts. My co-anchor will also be making her debut as well. I'm looking forward to it and think it'll be a lot of fun. 

If you're interested in listening, find WMCO on TuneIn or download the WMCO App. 

That's great. Good luck.

I'm visualizing Greg at some minor league baseball game in Florida when suddenly the game stops between batters. Greg, wearing a satisfied smile, adjusts his sunglasses, locks his phone screen, and rises to his feet as the PA booms out over the crowd the monumental feat of 20,000 posts done twice over in the CCSLC. 

Players stand awkwardly and some fans reluctantly clap as Greg waves his hat modestly in the cool night air. 

5 people like this

11 hours ago, CS85 said:

I'm visualizing Greg at some minor league baseball game in Florida when suddenly the game stops between batters. Greg, wearing a satisfied smile, adjusts his sunglasses, locks his phone screen, and rises to his feet as the PA booms out over the crowd the monumental feat of 20,000 posts done twice over in the CCSLC. 

Players stand awkwardly and some fans reluctantly clap as Greg waves his hat modestly in the cool night air. 

I can see one of the lights exploding some how as he waves his hat in slow motion 

2 people like this

22 hours ago, infrared41 said:

That's great. Good luck.

Thanks! I appreciate it. Turns out I'll also be on later tonight at 10, although it's been pre-recorded. It's a show called Cinema Wars hosted by one of my friends where he gives us a topic, three contestants debate it, and he chooses the winner. After tonight, the show will air on the same night and time (Mondays at 10p), but will be live. 

Tonight's topic is best summer movie of 2016, in which the movie must have been released between May and August. I only saw two movies in that time and I was somewhat confused in one of them because I didn't really know much of the background behind it (Captain America: Civil War, although I still enjoyed it).

The movie I ended up going with was... Suicide Squad. Think about it however you want. Tune in to WMCO 90.7 on TuneIn or the WMCO Radio app to find out how well I do! 

I've been in college for about month now. It started with surviving football camp, which was the hardest thing I've ever done. Everything is working out now though, school's great and we're 3-0!

1 person likes this

I realized today that I have been a regular gym-goer now for nearly a year, which is the longest I've ever stuck with exercising since I stopped playing sports after high school. Does this mean I get to be really smug towards all the New Years Resolutionists this year? 

2 people like this

On 9/26/2016 at 1:18 PM, McCarthy said:

I realized today that I have been a regular gym-goer now for nearly a year, which is the longest I've ever stuck with exercising since I stopped playing sports after high school. Does this mean I get to be really smug towards all the New Years Resolutionists this year? 

YES!! And congrats on the streak, Iron Man!

I got to do the play-by-play broadcast of a hockey game from an NHL press box on Wednesday.

Yeah, it was kinda cool. :) 

7 people like this

Accepting a promotion as a Lead on my shift to remain in St. Louis and declining a Manager position to move to the Buffalo/Syracuse, NY area

I was the official scorekeeper for my first NHL game (Toronto vs. Detroit) tonight, three weeks shy of my 24th birthday!

2 people like this

I'm going to my first NFL game tomorrow! Patriots vs. Browns in Cleveland. My friend and I are wearing our Pats jerseys and I'm breaking out my Tom Brady jersey for the first time in a couple years.

On a bit of a tangent to that last point, I am down to 160 lbs for the first time in about 4 years!

***Not trying to get political***

The Huffington Post picked up on my twitter feed and contacted me for  an interview this week for an upcoming article about conservative public school teachers. 

Not looking to have a conversation about that topic here, just thought that its interesting/exciting news. 

So, I spend much of the last week doing this:
4.jpg

And just got a by name, first and last, shout out word of thanks on local (Milwaukee) sports radio.

4 hours ago, charger77 said:

***Not trying to get political***

The Huffington Post picked up on my twitter feed and contacted me for  an interview this week for an upcoming article about conservative public school teachers. 

Not looking to have a conversation about that topic here, just thought that its interesting/exciting news. 

That's really cool. Congrats. 

1 person likes this