Men's Final Four Court

dbackdiehard17

I really like the court design for the Men's Final Four in San Antonio.

One thing that sticks out is the four stars on the sideline. Anybody notice that it looks election-esque? Think that its a coincidence they have stars the year of an American election, or did they intend for it to like that? Either way, I like it... the color sceme really stands out, and the whole court, besides the two tone is really well done.

Thoughts?

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

It doesn't work. They kept the same look as the four regional courts -- black boundary and the top half of the foul circles colored in blue.

But that doesn't mesh at all with the rustic color scheme of the San Antonio F4 logo itself -- brown, bronze, rust, etc.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

It's better than the regional courts. They kept the dumb colored half of the free throw circle, but otherwise they fixed the things I didn't like from the region courts (no more dark blue text on black; "NCAA" at midcourt as oppose to "Basketball") When I first saw the stars I thought I would hate them because I tend to like simple court designs, but they worked well enough for me. I'm not a fan of this year's Final 4 logo, which is at center court.

Maybe I'm just seeing things but to me it looked like the two previous Final Four logos in 1998 and 2004 were on each side of the San Antonio at midcourt opposite the scorer's table side. It's tough to see because of the camera angle with press row blocking most of it but I thought I saw the Alamo themed logo on the left side and the cowboy hat from 04 on the right. Anybody else catch this?

I like the boundary and the logo (nice to see a san antonio event logo steer away from the alamo) but they slapped on the same cookie cutter lanes they've used for the past few final fours AND regionals.

Archived