Redskins Concept

burgundy

For this concept I decided to modify the Redskins' current logo. I drew inspiration from the early sixties for the logo, and for the jersey design. The alternate logo is moreso inspired by the old logo than the primary is. C&C please

redskins-logos.jpg

redskins-home.jpg

redskins-away.jpg

spacer.png

I love the logo but I'm not sure about the uniform. It looks too bland for some reason. Perhaps have the gurrent pants and then on the shoulders add a second white or gold stripe to match the design, you know what I mean? Like, keep the two color stipe system they have going right now and incorporate that into your design, and I think you'll have a winner. Also, I think if you had a wordmark on the chest, It would polish it off well. This has good potential though and the logos look great!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

The logo looks like it could work if you altered the eye a little; he looks bored and/or sleepy. Personally I like the alternate one-colored loge over the primary, the alt just looks simpler, and I think simplicity is key for any Redskins logo. I don't really like the current 'Skins logo, just a little too much going on for my taste. So I'll give you credit for the logo, but I think if you worked on the eye a little more to make the indian look more aggressive it would improve the overall design of the logo.

The uniforms are too simple in my opinion; they look like something out of the 90s. I think you could make something more modern out of these. Look at recently updated NFL uniforms, take some ideas from them.

Good concept, could use some small tweaks, but overall not too shabby.

-Oh, and next time you should save your concepts as a .PNG file, instead of .JPG, they'll look a lot cleaner.

these are pretty simplistic... i myself am a fan of the two stripe pattern that the skins use but i think that these would work alright... and as much as people stress the yellow pants, i dont think that they would look good with their current scheme so i think these look just fine... i can feel the logo, but i think with the tweaks you gave it, you could afford to make the native american [gotta be politically correct ^_^ ] a little more aggressive looking... he just seems a little tired... overall, good job

Thanks for the comments. I decided to add a thin stripe to the shoulders and pants to keep the current double stripe, but with a different feel. I also added white stripes to the helmet. They are next to the gold stripe, not separated, as on the current helmet. I also tried white pants with the burgundy jersey. Which do you think looks better? I tried to make the Native American look more stern and less groggy as well.

The updated logo

redskins-logo-2.png

The updated uniforms

redskins-home-2.png

redskins-away-2.png

redskins-away-2w.png

spacer.png

Thanks for the comments. I decided to add a thin stripe to the shoulders and pants to keep the current double stripe, but with a different feel. I also added white stripes to the helmet. They are next to the gold stripe, not separated, as on the current helmet. I also tried white pants with the burgundy jersey. Which do you think looks better? I tried to make the Native American look more stern and less groggy as well.

The updated logo

redskins-logo-2.png

The updated uniforms

redskins-home-2.png

redskins-away-2.png

redskins-away-2w.png

Those seem to work! Good job.

• 1 year later...

Cool design. Being a Skins fan myself I wanted to take a stab at a re-design so here it is. I wanted to keep the original logos because in my opinion they are classic and shouldn't be touched. I love the "Gibbs R" and I wanted to incorporate it in. C & C please.

SkinsUniRedesignDRK.jpg

SkinsUniRedesignwhite.jpg

SpearSig.jpg

Cool design. Being a Skins fan myself I wanted to take a stab at a re-design so here it is. I wanted to keep the original logos because in my opinion they are classic and shouldn't be touched. I love the "Gibbs R" and I wanted to incorporate it in. C & C please.

SkinsUniRedesignDRK.jpg

SkinsUniRedesignwhite.jpg

You should make your own thread if you want C&C instead of thread jacking burgandyskins thread. I like the updates, looks really sharp!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Oh wow, I didnt even realize how old this was. My bad summo, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I was just letting you know that but I had thought it was a new thread cause I didnt pay attention to the dates. Summo your concept was really nice, thats another reason I suggested on making a new thread in whole for your concept.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

i really like the round 2 of the uniforms. but...try to put something on the sleeves. they look awkward blank.

if you do that, this will be a fantasmic update.

AND MY FAVORITE! Why? Because you kept their current overall look. For some reason people, including myself, move back to the spear or change the colors too much.

You did an A++++ job with the logos and wordmarks! "High five!"- Borat

Oh wow, I didnt even realize how old this was. My bad summo, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I was just letting you know that but I had thought it was a new thread cause I didnt pay attention to the dates. Summo your concept was really nice, thats another reason I suggested on making a new thread in whole for your concept.

No problem, will do.

SpearSig.jpg

Archived