• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 burgundy

burgundy
  • Go Burrito Go!

• Members
  • 1,620 posts

Posted April 12, 2008 - 18:04

For this concept I decided to modify the Redskins' current logo. I drew inspiration from the early sixties for the logo, and for the jersey design. The alternate logo is moreso inspired by the old logo than the primary is. C&C please

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 mantleisthebest7

mantleisthebest7
  • What a relief. 2009 Stanley Cup Champs.

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted April 12, 2008 - 19:07

I love the logo but I'm not sure about the uniform. It looks too bland for some reason. Perhaps have the gurrent pants and then on the shoulders add a second white or gold stripe to match the design, you know what I mean? Like, keep the two color stipe system they have going right now and incorporate that into your design, and I think you'll have a winner. Also, I think if you had a wordmark on the chest, It would polish it off well. This has good potential though and the logos look great!
Jimmy Eat World
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Heitert

Heitert
  • "...if you get eaten, it's your own fault."

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted April 12, 2008 - 21:40

The logo looks like it could work if you altered the eye a little; he looks bored and/or sleepy. Personally I like the alternate one-colored loge over the primary, the alt just looks simpler, and I think simplicity is key for any Redskins logo. I don't really like the current 'Skins logo, just a little too much going on for my taste. So I'll give you credit for the logo, but I think if you worked on the eye a little more to make the indian look more aggressive it would improve the overall design of the logo.

The uniforms are too simple in my opinion; they look like something out of the 90s. I think you could make something more modern out of these. Look at recently updated NFL uniforms, take some ideas from them.

Good concept, could use some small tweaks, but overall not too shabby.

-Oh, and next time you should save your concepts as a .PNG file, instead of .JPG, they'll look a lot cleaner.

New Sig to Come Soon

Maybe... Like you care anyway. 

#4 SEMOSTLfan

SEMOSTLfan
  • Play like a Cardinal.

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted April 13, 2008 - 11:28

I have to say I'm a pretty big fan of these. Some say they are bland but personally I think simple is better. Nice work!
Posted Image
World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

#5 RedFalcon7

RedFalcon7

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted April 13, 2008 - 15:11

these are pretty simplistic... i myself am a fan of the two stripe pattern that the skins use but i think that these would work alright... and as much as people stress the yellow pants, i dont think that they would look good with their current scheme so i think these look just fine... i can feel the logo, but i think with the tweaks you gave it, you could afford to make the native american [gotta be politically correct ^_^ ] a little more aggressive looking... he just seems a little tired... overall, good job

#6 themightyspitz

themightyspitz

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted April 13, 2008 - 18:46

I like the logo, but the concept stinks of USC to me. I'd like to see more integration of the spear into it.
Posted Image

#7 burgundy

burgundy
  • Go Burrito Go!

• Members
  • 1,620 posts

Posted April 13, 2008 - 20:55

Thanks for the comments. I decided to add a thin stripe to the shoulders and pants to keep the current double stripe, but with a different feel. I also added white stripes to the helmet. They are next to the gold stripe, not separated, as on the current helmet. I also tried white pants with the burgundy jersey. Which do you think looks better? I tried to make the Native American look more stern and less groggy as well.

The updated logo

Posted Image

The updated uniforms

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 otero1

otero1

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted April 14, 2008 - 11:24

Thanks for the comments. I decided to add a thin stripe to the shoulders and pants to keep the current double stripe, but with a different feel. I also added white stripes to the helmet. They are next to the gold stripe, not separated, as on the current helmet. I also tried white pants with the burgundy jersey. Which do you think looks better? I tried to make the Native American look more stern and less groggy as well.

The updated logo

Posted Image

The updated uniforms

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those seem to work! Good job.

#9 fleeser

fleeser

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted September 27, 2009 - 20:37

I really like the alternate logo. I'm not a big fan of the uniforms because I like the current ones, but great job on the execution.

#10 tj4eck

tj4eck
  • Un-official thread killer.

• Members
  • 2,154 posts

Posted September 27, 2009 - 20:42

I Loved the Alternate logo u created
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 TrueYankee26

TrueYankee26

• Members
  • 2,879 posts

Posted September 28, 2009 - 08:15

I like the ALT logo, but I would like to have the spear in the helmets like they did in their 2002 home games.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 summo

summo

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted September 28, 2009 - 10:17

Cool design. Being a Skins fan myself I wanted to take a stab at a re-design so here it is. I wanted to keep the original logos because in my opinion they are classic and shouldn't be touched. I love the "Gibbs R" and I wanted to incorporate it in. C & C please.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 bigmike

bigmike
  • Let's Roll!

• Members
  • 2,130 posts

Posted September 28, 2009 - 10:40

Cool design. Being a Skins fan myself I wanted to take a stab at a re-design so here it is. I wanted to keep the original logos because in my opinion they are classic and shouldn't be touched. I love the "Gibbs R" and I wanted to incorporate it in. C & C please.
Posted Image

Posted Image

You should make your own thread if you want C&C instead of thread jacking burgandyskins thread. I like the updates, looks really sharp!

#14 summo

summo

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted September 28, 2009 - 10:45

I apoligize, thread jacking was not my intent. I seen "Redskins Concept" and I figured it would be a good place for it instead of starting a new thread with a similar title.
Posted Image

#15 rentz

rentz

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted September 28, 2009 - 11:12

The thread is over a year old. I doubt BurgundySkins cares.

#16 bigmike

bigmike
  • Let's Roll!

• Members
  • 2,130 posts

Posted September 28, 2009 - 20:22

Oh wow, I didnt even realize how old this was. My bad summo, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I was just letting you know that but I had thought it was a new thread cause I didnt pay attention to the dates. Summo your concept was really nice, thats another reason I suggested on making a new thread in whole for your concept.

#17 Brave-Bird 08

Brave-Bird 08
  • True hipsters wear Peerless Price jerseys to Falcons games

• Members
  • 3,971 posts

Posted September 28, 2009 - 21:56

i really like the round 2 of the uniforms. but...try to put something on the sleeves. they look awkward blank.

if you do that, this will be a fantasmic update.

AND MY FAVORITE! Why? Because you kept their current overall look. For some reason people, including myself, move back to the spear or change the colors too much.

You did an A++++ job with the logos and wordmarks! "High five!"- Borat

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram                        

#18 summo

summo

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted September 29, 2009 - 14:18

Oh wow, I didnt even realize how old this was. My bad summo, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I was just letting you know that but I had thought it was a new thread cause I didnt pay attention to the dates. Summo your concept was really nice, thats another reason I suggested on making a new thread in whole for your concept.

No problem, will do.
Posted Image