Logo Tweaks

LEWJ

I did'nt really wanna start a brand new topic just for the SanDisk logo, cause it's not that big of a change.

So how bout we make it a topic about font changes in general, to make a logo look "fresh."

SanDisk_Logo.gif

From "Brand New."

Another one I saw the other day is McCormick spices (note the font on the ribbon, looks very nice on the spice containers ^_^ ):

Before:

mccormick_logo.gif

After:

mcff_rec.gif

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the SanDisk update and its a nice tribute to their old logo having the shape above the new "i"!

Good catch Steve-O, I didn't notice that until you said it. Very nice update without completely changing things.

Totally agree, I didn't notice that either.

Anyone have any others?

(There isn't a topic for this already is there?)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

its another nothing rebrand. sandisk havnt used their logo on drives for ages. they always just pick some

half decent font and slap an 'sd' on the product.

come on its been five replies and nobody has said the words 'upgrade' or 'downgrade' yet. whats going on?

I'd say a definite upgrade for SanDisk, and a definite "meh" for McCormick.

I didn't like the "s"s in SanDisk's old logo, or the "D"....it looks poorly drawn for some reason to me. The new font is better, mainly in the "s" department, and I think it's better off without the thing that was on the old one. Plus, I love the hint of it over the "i". I suppose I have a throwback USB drive now, eh?

For McCormick, it doesn't do anything for me to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. It's basically the same, save for some lines and altering the flow of the text. I'd like to see them do without the ribbon/"McCormick" thing, as the Mc emblem is pretty well-recognized at this point.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived