Arena Rafters & Banners

Why does Charles Barkley's retired number banner have the "new" logo on it? It looks ridiculously out of place.
No kidding. Good catch.

Because they retired his number after they had updated their logo. That's the reason, I definitely disagree with that reason though.

Why does Charles Barkley's retired number banner have the "new" logo on it? It looks ridiculously out of place.
No kidding. Good catch.

Because they retired his number after they had updated their logo. That's the reason, I definitely disagree with that reason though.

Yeah, they were really big into their new "identity" back then. It sucks that they used that logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Flyers and Sixers at the Wachovia Center. The ones you can't see are the Phantoms 2005 Calder Cup, a 610 WIP banner, and one for Billy Idol (or Joel, can't remember which one) for having 600 or so concerts in Philly:

I would HOPE it's not Billy Idol...

...and Billy Joel has the #12 retired at MSG for his record 12-sold out shows there...

...and Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band at the Meadowlands have a banner...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Flyers and Sixers at the Wachovia Center. The ones you can't see are the Phantoms 2005 Calder Cup, a 610 WIP banner, and one for Billy Idol (or Joel, can't remember which one) for having 600 or so concerts in Philly:

...and Billy Joel has the #12 retired at MSG for his record 12-sold out shows there...

...and Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band at the Meadowlands have a banner...

Billy Joel's Philadelphia banner is for 46 sellouts, and Springsteen's is for 45 sellouts (or at least it was last time I saw it - it could be more now.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

not the best pic...its from my cell afterall lol

but its Gordie Howe's retired number in Houston

16-04-07_2012.jpg

and i do hate that the canucks changed their banners to match the new look....

imo its messing with the hockey gods....even if they iced a cup champion worthy lineup..they wont win unless they go back to the old banners!

GO GIANTS GO!!!

giants-1.png

mia Marek Schwarz

THANK YOU TREVOR!

linden.png

not the best pic...its from my cell afterall lol

but its Gordie Howe's retired number in Houston

16-04-07_2012.jpg

and i do hate that the canucks changed their banners to match the new look....

imo its messing with the hockey gods....even if they iced a cup champion worthy lineup..they wont win unless they go back to the old banners!

When did they retire Gordie's number? I must have missed that last time i was in the Toyota Center. To the right of Gordie's number you can see part of the Aeros' championship banners that are similar to the Penguins'. The banner on the left is for one of their Avco Trophy championships back in the WHA days.

banners2.jpg

In 10 years #9 and #56 will be added.

What about 2, 22, 25 and 26?

2 maybe, but probably not. Had he stuck around a little longer rather than chasing $$$ than probably.

22 got his hanging in St Louis, but perhaps there's room for it in Dallas. Will it change to a 16 when viewed from the other side?

25 seems to have a bright future in Miami. If it were up for retirement consideration, they wouldn't have given it to Conner.

26 perhaps. That's a distinct possibility.

banners2.jpg

2 maybe, but probably not. Had he stuck around a little longer rather than chasing $$$ than probably.

22 got his hanging in St Louis, but perhaps there's room for it in Dallas. Will it change to a 16 when viewed from the other side?

25 seems to have a bright future in Miami. If it were up for retirement consideration, they wouldn't have given it to Conner.

26 perhaps. That's a distinct possibility.

i'm one of hatch's biggest fans, but there's no way 2 gets retired for him.

hully is confusing, since he wore 22 for the big moment, but only wore 22 for 1 season. then you've got 16, which he only wore for 2 seasons here, and didn't really do anything worthy of retirement for. hull means a LOT for the stars franchise, but there is no number that symbolizes him or his accomplishments.

nieuwy rules, but it won't get retired.

and jere has a shot, but only if he never plays anywhere else... and then it might not be immediate like mo will be, and zubie should be.

banners2.jpg

#2 - Hatcher was with the Team in the North Stars years but he left for money. If he retired a Star then there was a big possibilty.

#22 - Hull is my favorite Stars player of All-time, but he only played for 3 years. Despite him scoring 'the goal' I don't think he will be added.

#25 - Again was in Dallas not long enough.

#26 - A possibility for sure. Lehtinen, Modano and Zubov all have the greatest chance.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Billy Joel's Philadelphia banner is for 46 sellouts, and Springsteen's is for 45 sellouts (or at least it was last time I saw it - it could be more now.)

Wow, I was WAY off. Thanks for correcting me. ^_^

and here is a pic i found looking on google from 1999 which was the Astros final season in the dome. You can see the retired jerseys and part of the 1997 and 1998 central division champions banners

zack_astrodome.jpg

Haha, that's the guy who got the 28 balls at the Nationals game.