Arena Rafters & Banners

Kentucky´s banners look like the eye test at the optometrist

Due to the vertical nature of all the text?

I work at rupp in the tech dept. and we hang the banners. That was put up pretty quickly since we had to get it up for the post game "party" the following day. In the summer we spent a good hour moving them all and making sure they were straight, symetrical, and level. The other guys probably hated how precise I was directing them. That picture makes the new one look lighter but I a sure you it is the same shade. It was lit for the party thing which is why I think it comes across brighter in that picture. I believe I heard something about Tony Delks' jersey being retired soon so we'll be up there again.

This is the Rays, while raising the 2013 Wild Card banner

9x8ghXU.jpg

Why does it seems fitting that, that Rays fan could be the least interested in his team's accomplishment?

Dude knows wild card banners are lame. I salute his silent protest.

• 1 month later...

This may already be in this thread, but I stumbled upon it today and thought it couldn't hurt to add it on here. Thought it was kinda cool how they made the ribbon for the 116 wins come off the sides of the '01 banner.

banners.jpg

I'm not sure if that's new or is a part of the original banner.

This may already be in this thread, but I stumbled upon it today and thought it couldn't hurt to add it on here. Thought it was kinda cool how they made the ribbon for the 116 wins come off the sides of the '01 banner.

banners.jpg

As do I. It's a nice way of honouring the record without being ostentatious (i.e. giving it its own banner, which I know plenty of teams would have done).

-------

I just learned something pretty cool on HNIC last week. When the Leafs honoured Darryl Sittler's number back in 2003, they subtly placed the name of his first wife, Wendy (who had died 18 months before), on the bottom-right corner of the banner.

Maple_Leafs_Banner_4.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

As do I. It's a nice way of honouring the record without being ostentatious (i.e. giving it its own banner, which I know plenty of teams would have done).

As a Patriots fan, I think their 16-0 banner is a reach & should be removed some year. It's highlighting failure for a team that expects to win the final game.

Maybe if they had a chain of 7-9 win seasons & it was something special, then perhaps it'd be nice. As it is, it's like a scab lols.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

banners.jpg

I think it's pretty cool. The Bulls have the same thing except they put it on their division champ banner.

3711172989_926db28650.jpg

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

banners.jpg

I'm not sure if that's new or is a part of the original banner.

They use those banners and include the 116 ribbon on their Root Sports intro animation:

ELQPme0.jpg

Are those the names of the players around the borders of the championship banners?

anybody got a pic of pittsburgh penguins banners at consol energy center? in particular their metropolitan division champs banner?

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/459894994-view-of-banners-as-they-are-displayed-at-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QdnUBuFh6%2BIxLIYUtKdMIAD5w6Javta92vddAZYFS0jB

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Are those the names of the players around the borders of the championship banners?

anybody got a pic of pittsburgh penguins banners at consol energy center? in particular their metropolitan division champs banner?

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/459894994-view-of-banners-as-they-are-displayed-at-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QdnUBuFh6%2BIxLIYUtKdMIAD5w6Javta92vddAZYFS0jB

Yes.

74606-1.jpg

• Like 1

This is just sad.

frozen_moment_030815_std.jpg

These are the kinds of banners you'd see for franchises who've won a championship, maybe two, tops. But hey; management has to find someway, anyway, to bring Devils fans to Newark this season.

They just had it there for that one game. They are definitely not hanging it up permanently.