Arena Rafters & Banners

HURR DURR WHERE'S THE ASTERISK HURR DURR

(Figured I'd get that in now before any of you got any ideas. :P)

• Like 1

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Banners looks so much better with the standardized logo. You can tell right at a glance that it's a Super Bowl banner, and at least there's consistency from year to year. With the older ones it looks like they won something different each year.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Banners looks so much better with the standardized logo. You can tell right at a glance that it's a Super Bowl banner, and at least there's consistency from year to year. With the older ones it looks like they won something different each year.

Right... right. But then you could just read it and see what it's for. I realize the standardized logo may save someone .0005 seconds of brainwave action before they realize what the banner is for, but nonetheless the standardized logo looks terrible. The unique logos may conjure up, you know, actual memories. For example, a Pats fan could look at the banners and think: "Oh hey when I see the XXXVI logo up there, I remember Vinatieri sealing the incredible win" or "Oh wow, that XXXIX logo reminds me of Jacksonville, and our dynasty and Donovan McNabb vomiting."

But hey, that's just me

• Like 2

90758391980.gif

Right... right. But then you could just read it and see what it's for. I realize the standardized logo may save someone .0005 seconds of brainwave action before they realize what the banner is for, but nonetheless the standardized logo looks terrible. The unique logos may conjure up, you know, actual memories. For example, a Pats fan could look at the banners and think: "Oh hey when I see the XXXVI logo up there, I remember Vinatieri sealing the incredible win" or "Oh wow, that XXXIX logo reminds me of Jacksonville, and our dynasty and Donovan McNabb vomiting."

But hey, that's just me

If they wanted to retroactively change the XXXIX logo to a silhouette of McNabb puking, I would support that.

I just think it looks better wen you can clearly see that the team won multiple of the same thing, rather than something different each year.

Literally looking at 4 Lombardi trophies looks a little more intimidating than four banners with unrelated logos. Just my opinion tho

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Minnesota and Columbus have banners for all the teams in the rafters. I think Winnipeg has them in the lobby. Who are the others?

Nashville and Tampa, and there might be one or two more.

I'm pretty sure Nashville has their banners in the rafters. I know they definitely have them on the main concourse.

• 1 month later...

Blue Jays are anxious to tout that division title it seems. Will be unveiled before their first playoff game I would assume.

CQqT9GLW8AAwo6H.png

https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/651496026742870016

Also, as our site creator has pointed out, they are now being hung organized by title, rather than chronological order, as was done in the past:

CQqVDy2WwAAUSO4.png

• Like 1

90758391980.gif

^Not a fan. Chronological is the way to go. And they might as well take the 1991 ASG banner down at this point.

EDIT: It appears they may have switched the logos to the current one. Boo!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Here's a better pic:

This confirms that they kept the banners era-specific. My guess for the odd ordering is that they wanted to make the new one the centrepiece.

Maybe...but perhaps they are going with the division titles followed by the World Series titles. If it is the "centerpiece" thing, then next year the AL East (or possibly AL or WS) banner would probably be moved to the right of 1993.

I agree that it's time to get rid of the All Star Game banner. That's not an accomplishment, per se, like the other stuff is.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Don't have pics, but the Sharks hung a banner for George Gund III, our first owner, who passed away in 2013. It was the first home game of the 25th anniversary season.

here you go

CRFz0oJVEAAOn_M.jpg

Probably the most relevant banner they hang.

• Like 1

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 3 weeks later...