New York Yankees Alternate Logo

ARock12

So I understand perfectly well the tradition of the New York Yankees and the class their uniform and logo carries. I was playing around with some different elements of their logos and came out with a few ideas that I wanted to get some feedback from. I'm not trying to change their identity or anything I was just having a little fun with it. The logos with the classic Yankee Stadium frieze was cropped from the All Star Logo and I was just playing around with an idea to incorporate that (patch or whatever).

YankeesLogoSheet.jpg

YankeesLogoSheet2.jpg

I really like these.

Good compromise of old and new.

Not that there really is old and new when it comes to the Yankees. :P

Maybe I should say good modernization.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

First, I want to say you have done a great job with these...the presentation is wonderful and the idea itself is great and could certainly work. You obviously are aware that the Yankees would resist change (along with their fans) at any expense, so I would certainly see this on a promotional logo for the team or something to satisfy them. It always gets on my nerves when the people come out of left field (no pun intended) and diss any new logo or uniform for a team that has a tradition...New York, Boston, and heaven forbid suggest that the Cleveland Browns put a logo on their helmet or change anything up.

I say kudos to you, it is probably one of the best concepts I have seen for New York regarding something new.

I really like the curly "ny" with the bat but you should try to figure out a way to overlap them so that it seems like a lowercase version of the overlapped NY they have on the hats, i think it would match that alternate logo alittle better.

I like both of these, especially the 'ny' bat. I doubt the Yankees will ever wear anything but the traditional NY on the field, but either of these would work fine in my book. Maybe the Tampa Yankees minor league team could wear it and no one would get upset.

If it were a complete re-brand, I would go with the NY-bat, but I really like the Y-bat with their current set as a BP hat logo. The current NY says "New York" and the Y-bat you've made really says "Yankees". I personally hate the Yankees, but nice work.

Really like the lowercase/ny-bat combo...excellent work.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I like both of these, especially the 'ny' bat. I doubt the Yankees will ever wear anything but the traditional NY on the field, but either of these would work fine in my book. Maybe the Tampa Yankees minor league team could wear it and no one would get upset.

I would definitely have to say that as much as I dont like the Yanks, these are great. I could really see a Tampa Yankees rebrand involve something like this.

Care to morph it into a Tampa Yankees identity as well?

So I understand perfectly well the tradition of the New York Yankees and the class their uniform and logo carries. I was playing around with some different elements of their logos and came out with a few ideas that I wanted to get some feedback from. I'm not trying to change their identity or anything I was just having a little fun with it. The logos with the classic Yankee Stadium frieze was cropped from the All Star Logo and I was just playing around with an idea to incorporate that (patch or whatever).

YankeesLogoSheet.jpg

YankeesLogoSheet2.jpg

Honestly would have perfered that Y over the one the SI Yanks go this season. Too bad they didnt come to you for that design.

Archived